Weber Mass 100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I bought a used Mass 100 even though the Master volume on the RT2/50 is very good.

Although I don't have it yet I expect to be able to get the full grunt of the opened up power section without the low volume fizz and thinness of a low master volume.

Does anyone have experience with this? I watched so many attenuator videos and had yet to be able to get my hands on one and found a good low priced used one.

I have had many attenuators. The Weber Mass is decent, especially for the money. The best deal for the money is the Alex ($300-350 new, I think). Sound is much better than the Weber. Better than the Alex in the Tone King Ironman. I still have that one (the original huge one, not the smaller new Ironman II). That one is pricey ($800-850 new) if you can find one. The trick with all those is to keep the cable from the amp to the attenuator as short as possible. Attenuator to speaker can be long.

The Weber was $150. I had seen a great demo with Johan Segeborn on the youtube where he used it with a 100 watt superlead. I could tell much difference at all between original and attentuated tone.

They work well, as long as your expectations are reasonable.

i.e. diming a 100 watter and bringing it down to "hear the TV over it" volume means the tone won't be that great.

But getting a 100 watter to sit in a jam room or bar/small club stage mix nicely - that's where they work best.

The MASS are pretty good attenuators, you won't go wrong with one.