need some opinions before I dig in.....fuzzy sounds in rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
turned on my rig this morning, RT2/50 + RM4.

set at low volume all channels exhibit a fuzzy, fading in & out signal. I fiddled with a few things and determined that raising the volume on both masters at the RT2/50 cleans it up. also, boosting the master volume on each mod does as well but only if the RT2?50 is high enough

does this point to the input tube on the amp needs to be replaced, or the RM4, or somewhere else?

I only have a couple of extra tubes at this point so I'm hoping someone knows right off, having had this happen to them as well.

thanks

I would intermittently get a problem on my RM4 that sounds like what you are describing. It is like a loss of signal that fades in and out.
After some time I discovered the problem is to do with the rear input jack. I switched to the front input and the problem was solved. I have not got around to looking into the cause yet.

My rig had these same symptoms a few years ago. Turned out to be the volume pots in the power amp. Had them replaced & it fixed the problem completely. Could be worth checking.