Faceplate DIY

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can create a template with something like photoshop. Make sure your measurements are accurate and leave a few mm extra on the sides and top.

So after I create the specification using photoshop or other drawing based application. What are the next steps. Do I need to have someone make the metal piece based on the specs? How do you get the colors on it do you have a printing company make a label that you paste on? looking for details/suggestions.

There are lots of dif ways to get it done. Some cheap and some very expensive. The cheapest/easiest way (and it also looks like this is how Rob used to make a lot of his older faceplates) is to have it printed at a sign makers shop, and then just peel and stick over the existing faceplate. Newer faceplates are lazer'd on the metal. You're gonna have a hard time finding anyone that can do that for you though.

It would be nice that Synergy had more personality for each module. I appreciate that they have a clean line and all, but, life is short, having a little more color in your mods is always good. I mean, to me at least, it sets me to the proper vive of the mod...just sayin'