Got My SYN 2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
This thing is f*ing cool. I don't have any dual modules but my old JF and Salvation stuff sounds great in it. I have a MOD50 and that functions the best at this point as it is MIDI. I am kind of stupid when it comes to this stuff, but with a little help from JKD it was pretty **** easy to add two more channels to the MOD 50 and also be able to use my Digitech GSP1101 4CM. SO using that set up, I can keep all of my FX and switch between SYN 2 modules plus bypass the SYN 2 and use the other two modules from the MOD 50. I used to use an RM4 and a Carvin tube power amp for a live rig but that took up a ridiculous amount of real estate. Now I can use basically three rack spaces and have four channels of whatever the hell I want.. I also have a JF modded RM50 that I use and as it is not MIDI, I will have to re-think some of the switching, but I have some ideas. I am really glad that I went ahead with this purchase. My hat goes off to Bruce Egnater for finally getting this done. So many tonal choices.....

This has likely been covered previously, but does the MOD 50 allow you to switch between the two channels of each Synergy module in the same way you would with an Egnater dual module (i.e., using the four-button footswitch)? I'm curious, as I'm considering grabbing a MOD 50 or 100 as a cheaper alternative to the Synergy 50-watt head.

I don't own any dual modules, but it seems that from what everyone says, yes, the midi pedal allows you to switch between the two channels of the dual mod. It would be as simple as pushing the button until it blinks and then switching to the other side of the module and doing the same thing. Pretty simple to program.

ricky said:
I don't own any dual modules, but it seems that from what everyone says, yes, the midi pedal allows you to switch between the two channels of the dual mod. It would be as simple as pushing the button until it blinks and then switching to the other side of the module and doing the same thing. Pretty simple to program.

Great, thanks for the info.

Glad it's working out for you!

The SYN-2 is the best piece of hardware since the original modular concept...the manufacturers modules are the icing on the Synergy cake!

I am tempted to get a RM4 rack, which I thought gave the most versatility in tone. But now I think it's better to keep up with new technology, better invest in the Syn2 since it gives the most advantage. Still I have some questions: Can the old Egnater modules be channel switched in the Syn2? Do the old modules sond better in the Syn2 rack? Could a new Synergy module be channel switched with a midi modded RM4?
Thanks!

I don't notice much difference in sound between using the old modules in the SYN 2. They all sound great. I am not sure but I am pretty sure that the old dual mods can be switched on and off in the SYN 2.

germanium said:
I am tempted to get a RM4 rack, which I thought gave the most versatility in tone. But now I think it's better to keep up with new technology, better invest in the Syn2 since it gives the most advantage. Still I have some questions: Can the old Egnater modules be channel switched in the Syn2? Do the old modules sond better in the Syn2 rack? Could a new Synergy module be channel switched with a midi modded RM4?
Thanks!

All the older Egnater dual sound (dual channel modules) and hardware can switch the Synergy modules and vice-versa.

TBH I'd go for a SYN2 - they are pretty amazing - if you want more modules and dont care about expanding an existing amp then get a Egnater M4 they are dual module out the box :)

Do you know if you can use the XLR Directout with cab sim, but also record the other output without cab sim (at the same time). So you can monitor with the cab sim version but record without and use an IR in your DAW later? Tried to ask Synergy but there is confusion on what of our end

Thanks.

chrismilne said:
Do you know if you can use the XLR Directout with cab sim, but also record the other output without cab sim (at the same time). So you can monitor with the cab sim version but record without and use an IR in your DAW later? Tried to ask Synergy but there is confusion on what of our end

Thanks.

The Main Outs are full range and do not have the Cab Sim, only the XLR..so I am guessing this would work exactly as you described.