• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FT: Traded

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoR

Reaction score
I have a brand new HBE I would like to trade for another Synergy module. I'm open to any except the DS as I already have it.

Hi Marco. Mind sharing the reason why you don't want to keep the BE? Too similar to the DS or just not your cup of tea?

mfgobbi said:
Hi Marco. Mind sharing the reason why you don't want to keep the BE? Too similar to the DS or just not your cup of tea?

The HBE sounds narrow and compressed. It's very tight and would probably work well for down tuned playing. There is no sweetness to it? IDK, I'm just not digging it... I had a an Egnater SL2 modded to HBE I liked better.

So there's my sales pitch, I hope my inbox doesn't overflow with offers now...

MarcoR said:
mfgobbi said:

The HBE sounds narrow and compressed. It's very tight and would probably work well for down tuned playing. There is no sweetness to it? IDK, I'm just not digging it... I had a an Egnater SL2 modded to HBE I liked better.

Seeing as how you're clearly a born salesman, I will note that I like the Synergy HBE quite a lot, especially for lead playing. It's warmer sounding than a typical Marshall-type amp or module, and it has that lovely Friedman feel and playability.

I will await my commission check. :wink:

MarcoR said:
mfgobbi said:

Maybe yours is broke Marco. Every Friedman amp I ever heard sounded broke to me though, so I wouldn't know the difference LMAO