Mash-All and JVM

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
So I'm loving my JVM amp. The OD channel with the three modes are excellent. Green = JCM 800, Orange = Modded JCM and Red = Super Modern JCM + Mesa elements.

Looking at the Mash-All, it appears to have very similar traits. I guess I'm wondering how alike the Jose mode and the JVM-Orange are. I can get excellent thrash/death tones on my JVM-Orange with a boost, can the Jose mode do the same?

Ok, I'm going to put up some examples of what I'm doing with the JVM either tonight or tomorrow.

I'm dual tracking, one OD-Orange, the other OD-Red. Gain / EQ are exactly the same, just different modes of gain and compression. Boosted with either a Bad Monkey or Green Screamer, both modes give me different versions of modern metal tones.

I'm genuinely interested to see if the Mash-All can be similar, even with some tweaking between the Stage 3 Jose and Stage 4 JVM Red settings, because right now, this JVM dual tracking is ruling my life, and I couldn't be happier.

(Note, I do not own the JVM, I rent it. As it's $2100 here, which I consider a bit steep)

Here's a quick sample track of my JVM settings:

https://soundcloud.com/carrion-king/jvm-mts-sample-track

The first part is OD-Orange centred.
The second part is OD-Red centred.
The third is Orange/Red dual tracked panned hard left/right.

On both tracks I'm clean boosting with a BBE Green Screamer out front, and an ISP Decimator for a noise gate.

My EQ settings for both are:

Bass : Noon
Middle : 11 o'clock
Treble : 2 o'clock
Gain : 11 o'clock
Presence : 1 o'clock
Resonance : Noon

All parts played on a BC Rich Gunslinger Retro with Seymour Duncan Black Winter bridge pickup, recorded via the emulated XLR output on the JVM.

Guys, the Mash-all nails down the JVM. I had a JVM 210, but now I'm really happy that I sold it, somehow I felt the sound compressed and not so organic, and pedals didn't worked well with it... Mash-all is really good especially with MDA board.

I know this is an old thread but just thought I'd share. The Mash-All is easily my favorite module. It just kills. I have a 1978 JMP, modded by Mike Moren, and the Mash-All sounds great right next to it. They sound a little "different", but neither is better than the other.

I had one and it really wasn't for me. I actually preferred my old JVM, and ended up grabbing one again. But i should say it wasnt just the tone, it was the many features of the JVM itself that sent me back.

The Mash-All is an excellent module, and tonally it's perfect. I've own the Mash-All, Spawn, and Camerock. The latter is by far my favorite, and IMO is the best module ever made in the MTS series.

I'm really happy that I've sold my JVM. The new owner has an issue, and since the whole amp is constructed by PCBs, not anyone wants to debug the issue, so he has to purchase new PCBA..

Salvation Mash-All + has 4 sounds : Plexi, 2203 JCM800, Jose mod JCM800, and JVM red channel ... amazing tones in one module