Module with the most clean headroom?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tried a RAT and BigMuff through the Clan.. it's works very well.. The Clean has little character of it's own and goed well with pedals..

Sounds to me as a nice base for a Pink Floyd tone too

Capt_Tippy said:
Mattfig said:
The mods and RM whatever are meant to be like the amps, not pedals IMHO....I use pedals (mainly boosts) all the time with RM amps and love the Loneclean, The Cleaner, T-Watt and Motor City Clean as platforms for pedals....Oh yeah, the JF Chiefton takes boosts wonderfully.

To each their own but if you use pedals with other amps, you can use them with MTS just fine in most cases....Some cleans have a tone of their own sound like Twinface and don't do pedals well to my ear....Of course it's just that I don't like anything touching that mod as it's perfect already....:)

I use pedals Matt. I'm just talking about OD's and Fuzz's. I can see a boost or a compressor or all kinds of other pedals/effects. I'm just saying if the tone you like comes from a pedal, why spend the money for MTS and run your pedal through a clean MTS module?

I personally think for every pedal I have, I have a module that will do that same/similar tone and usually it'll do it better.

...and that's why I have $1000's tied up in MTS gear. Before I had MTS I had a $900 Fender amp and a $100 MXR pedal. I was completely happy.

"Yo dude check out my MTS amp that I turned all the features off on and get all my tone out of my $75 pedal!" LoL Silly... ;)

Please stop telling us all how to use our MTS gear and how much we should be paying for it! You've seen many posts giving valid reasons as to why some players like to run pedals in to their MTS rigs. But because it's not how YOU do it, the rest of us are just wrong. I'm not even a pedal guy! I have a Wampler Tumnus that I use as a colored boost when I need it and graphic EQ that I use in a similar way. 90% of the time those are off. Tone is completely subjective and personal.
If you can't show any respect around here for people who do things differently than you then go back to your Fender and find another forum that needs a signal flow dictator. Jeez.

audiomidijace said:
Capt_Tippy said:
Mattfig said:
The mods and RM whatever are meant to be like the amps, not pedals IMHO....I use pedals (mainly boosts) all the time with RM amps and love the Loneclean, The Cleaner, T-Watt and Motor City Clean as platforms for pedals....Oh yeah, the JF Chiefton takes boosts wonderfully.

To each their own but if you use pedals with other amps, you can use them with MTS just fine in most cases....Some cleans have a tone of their own sound like Twinface and don't do pedals well to my ear....Of course it's just that I don't like anything touching that mod as it's perfect already....:)

I use pedals Matt. I'm just talking about OD's and Fuzz's. I can see a boost or a compressor or all kinds of other pedals/effects. I'm just saying if the tone you like comes from a pedal, why spend the money for MTS and run your pedal through a clean MTS module?

I personally think for every pedal I have, I have a module that will do that same/similar tone and usually it'll do it better.

...and that's why I have $1000's tied up in MTS gear. Before I had MTS I had a $900 Fender amp and a $100 MXR pedal. I was completely happy.

"Yo dude check out my MTS amp that I turned all the features off on and get all my tone out of my $75 pedal!" LoL Silly... ;)

Please stop telling us all how to use our MTS gear and how much we should be paying for it! You've seen many posts giving valid reasons as to why some players like to run pedals in to their MTS rigs. But because it's not how YOU do it, the rest of us are just wrong. I'm not even a pedal guy! I have a Wampler Tumnus that I use as a colored boost when I need it and graphic EQ that I use in a similar way. 90% of the time those are off. Tone is completely subjective and personal.
If you can't show any respect around here for people who do things differently than you then go back to your Fender and find another forum that needs a signal flow dictator. Jeez.

Hey Jace, I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. Click in there yet?

I know you're on the "synergy team" and you're not happy that I said that **** is overpriced (which it is), but... I'm entitled to my opinion. Get over yourself

I also know you're pissed off that you're home alone on Valentines Day, but please pick a fight with someone else. I'm not interested.

Mattfig said:

Matt, since you had brought up the Twinface, how does it react to drive pedals exactly? Just has a strong enough personality that the pedal has a hard time coming through?

I’m just starting out in MTS and plan on replacing most all my drive pedals, except one RAT-type pedal that I love. But I’m only planning on one clean mod, so I need it to be able to stand on its own for beautiful cleans but also handle a pedal way. I was looking at the Twinface for cleans, but not sure if it plays well with others.