MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Synergy VS Egnater : cathode switch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Synergy Amps & Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
max44
RM20

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder too, my later dual channel M4 has indeed 2 tubes : one 12AX7 and one 12AT7 ...
Randall RT2/50 Jaded Faith Foglifted + NFB
Randall RM1250
Home crafted guitars
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

max44 wrote:
I wonder too, my later dual channel M4 has indeed 2 tubes : one 12AX7 and one 12AT7 ...

I believe V2 is the output buffer on the dual M4. Synergy probably didn't go for a tube driven buffer to save some space?
max44
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
And do you know which one is V1 ?

Top/right tube emplacement is labelled 12AT7
Bottom/left tube emplacement is labelled 12AX7
But actually both tubes were the same (12AX7) and the same model as in all of my modules (stock and mods) : Sovtek 7025 / 12AX7WA

I tried different tubes in both emplacements :
- Electro-Harmonix 12AX7EH : they give more gain overall ... good for hi-gain modules
- TAD 12AX7 A-C : I like these as they seem to "open" every module, and specially the low/mid gain modules for blues sounds (T/D - COD ...)
Randall RT2/50 Jaded Faith Foglifted + NFB
Randall RM1250
Home crafted guitars
maxxstock
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom/left tube emplacement is labelled 12AX7 is V1

12AT7- is buffer
djdayson
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob!

Any chance you know what the new Synergy Sag control is doing (browning out B+, or?)?
j4q0
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaded Faith wrote:
The circuit being switched is inside the Synergy amps and rack units, not on the modules. There are switches on the modules and that setting tells the Synergy amp which setting to use. This allows for different settings to be activated at the module level, but only when used in a Synergy amp. When they are used in a Randall or Egnater amp the Fender (1K5/22uF) setting is used regardless of the switch setting, as that's the only option available inside of those amps.

What circuit is the Synergy hardware (rack or amp) using if you don't use Synergy modules? Is there a default setting that the hardware uses if no Synergy modules is used?
Does the last Synergy module used in a particular hardware sets the input circuit for all future non-Synergy mods to use until a new Synergy module is used?
Jaded Faith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

j4q0 wrote:
Jaded Faith wrote:
The circuit being switched is inside the Synergy amps and rack units, not on the modules. There are switches on the modules and that setting tells the Synergy amp which setting to use. This allows for different settings to be activated at the module level, but only when used in a Synergy amp. When they are used in a Randall or Egnater amp the Fender (1K5/22uF) setting is used regardless of the switch setting, as that's the only option available inside of those amps.

What circuit is the Synergy hardware (rack or amp) using if you don't use Synergy modules? Is there a default setting that the hardware uses if no Synergy modules is used?
Does the last Synergy module used in a particular hardware sets the input circuit for all future non-Synergy mods to use until a new Synergy module is used?

If you use a non-Synergy module a Synergy unit will default to the same circuit as the Randall/Egnater gear.
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics
eero
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaded Faith wrote:

if I understood all this, if for example I had three different amplifiers (Egnater M4, Rocktron VP4 preamp and Egnater MOD50 head) could I decide to modify them each with one of the three different values, respectively?
in this case, depending on which module would be used, could I assign it to the respective preamp with the correct value?
if this were correct, it would be enough to modify the value of the capacities and resistances of the preamp input, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Synergy Amps & Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: