Additional Videos

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacknoize

Reaction score
I was looking for some additional demos of the Metropoulos module and ran across this:

https://www.youtube.com/user/baz0k/search?query=synergy

Demos of the BMAN, SLO, and Metroplex modules. It seems like these videos show a broader range of gain settings for each of the modules.

FWIW :)

Yea, saw these a couple days ago. Even though it sounds like he’s only using the built-in cab sim, it’s still much better than the videos I haven’t made. And it’s helpful to see the ranges of gain and EQ.

Sounds good in the Demo

I do still find most of the mods in the Dark smooth voicing . the best tones IMO is if you turn up the treble or mids .

again, I'm not impressed with the sound here. None of the videos manage to make the system sound great and I know they must. I have yet to see a Synergy video that makes me take notice of the wonderful tone.

This is also the case for most MTS mods so I guess the struggle continues.

teofilrocks said:
Yea, saw these a couple days ago. Even though it sounds like he’s only using the built-in cab sim, it’s still much better than the videos I haven’t made. And it’s helpful to see the ranges of gain and EQ.

It's actually pretty good if he's using the built in sim.....what I think robs a bit of the tone is how high the SAG control is set though.

withmittens said:
again, I'm not impressed with the sound here. None of the videos manage to make the system sound great and I know they must. I have yet to see a Synergy video that makes me take notice of the wonderful tone.

This is also the case for most MTS mods so I guess the struggle continues.

These definitely sound direct and don't sound great.

What do you like the tone of in videos?

I thought the Shawn Tubbs videos were good...the only ones that really make me want to jump on board. I'm still trying to decide if i'm getting in though...when i calculate what it would cost i don't know if it's worth it or just get a few used heads or good pedals...

I'm going to wait until NAMM and see what new modules are coming...i can't believe there is no discount for buying modules in combination with a preamp or head together.

chrismilne said:
I'm still trying to decide if i'm getting in though...when i calculate what it would cost i don't know if it's worth it or just get a few used heads or good pedals...

I'm going to wait until NAMM and see what new modules are coming...i can't believe there is no discount for buying modules in combination with a preamp or head together.
I’m curious what few used heads you could get where equivalent modules and a SYN1 wouldn’t be cheaper and more flexible?

Curious about NAMM for sure.

teofilrocks said:
chrismilne said:
I'm still trying to decide if i'm getting in though...when i calculate what it would cost i don't know if it's worth it or just get a few used heads or good pedals...

I’m curious what few used heads you could get where equivalent modules and a SYN1 wouldn’t be cheaper and more flexible?

Curious about NAMM for sure.

Well flexibility of course is hard to beat (and probably price as well)...but its still quite expensive and at least with my MTS i always felt there is something missing a little bit from a head. So with a Syn-2 and 4 modules (and you can only run 2 at once) you are at $2400 with no poweramp. If you went stereo on a poweramp you could be at $3500...even with a single channel you would be close to $3000. Used at least i had been looking at a Friedman Smallbox $2000 and a Diezel Einstein $1700. For the Synergy i had been looking at the SLO, MetroPlex, BE and am waiting to see the upcoming ENGL and Dumble clone.

I did end up just ordering the Fryette Power Station, so i'll probably continue down the Synergy path for now. I probably will wait on any Friedman Modules and still thinking about a Smallbox or something in the future. I like the BE module but not enough gain, the HBE i think was too compressed. The BE with a boost might be enough though...wish he threw a SAT switch on there or something :)