MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Additional Videos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Synergy Amps & Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacknoize
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Additional Videos Reply with quote

I was looking for some additional demos of the Metropoulos module and ran across this:

https://www.youtube.com/user/baz0k/search?query=synergy

Demos of the BMAN, SLO, and Metroplex modules. It seems like these videos show a broader range of gain settings for each of the modules.

FWIW Smile
JKD
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find!
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Scary, Grail, SuperV
teofilrocks
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, saw these a couple days ago. Even though it sounds like heís only using the built-in cab sim, itís still much better than the videos I havenít made. And itís helpful to see the ranges of gain and EQ.
gtr31
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good in the Demo

I do still find most of the mods in the Dark smooth voicing . the best tones IMO is if you turn up the treble or mids .
withmittens
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

again, I'm not impressed with the sound here. None of the videos manage to make the system sound great and I know they must. I have yet to see a Synergy video that makes me take notice of the wonderful tone.

This is also the case for most MTS mods so I guess the struggle continues.
SG, LP Std., Strat
JKD
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teofilrocks wrote:
Yea, saw these a couple days ago. Even though it sounds like heís only using the built-in cab sim, itís still much better than the videos I havenít made. And itís helpful to see the ranges of gain and EQ.

It's actually pretty good if he's using the built in sim.....what I think robs a bit of the tone is how high the SAG control is set though.
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Scary, Grail, SuperV
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

withmittens wrote:
again, I'm not impressed with the sound here. None of the videos manage to make the system sound great and I know they must. I have yet to see a Synergy video that makes me take notice of the wonderful tone.

This is also the case for most MTS mods so I guess the struggle continues.

These definitely sound direct and don't sound great.

What do you like the tone of in videos?

I thought the Shawn Tubbs videos were good...the only ones that really make me want to jump on board. I'm still trying to decide if i'm getting in though...when i calculate what it would cost i don't know if it's worth it or just get a few used heads or good pedals...

I'm going to wait until NAMM and see what new modules are coming...i can't believe there is no discount for buying modules in combination with a preamp or head together.
Egnater: EG2, EG4, Hi-Gain
Salvation: Salvado Deluxe
Strymon Flint and Mobius, TC Triple Delay, JHS Andy Timmons, Kemper, Ventris, Koko Boost, Carl Martin AT Compressor
teofilrocks
RM20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrismilne wrote:
I'm still trying to decide if i'm getting in though...when i calculate what it would cost i don't know if it's worth it or just get a few used heads or good pedals...

I'm going to wait until NAMM and see what new modules are coming...i can't believe there is no discount for buying modules in combination with a preamp or head together.

Iím curious what few used heads you could get where equivalent modules and a SYN1 wouldnít be cheaper and more flexible?

Curious about NAMM for sure.
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teofilrocks wrote:
chrismilne wrote:
I'm still trying to decide if i'm getting in though...when i calculate what it would cost i don't know if it's worth it or just get a few used heads or good pedals...

Iím curious what few used heads you could get where equivalent modules and a SYN1 wouldnít be cheaper and more flexible?

Curious about NAMM for sure.

Well flexibility of course is hard to beat (and probably price as well)...but its still quite expensive and at least with my MTS i always felt there is something missing a little bit from a head. So with a Syn-2 and 4 modules (and you can only run 2 at once) you are at $2400 with no poweramp. If you went stereo on a poweramp you could be at $3500...even with a single channel you would be close to $3000. Used at least i had been looking at a Friedman Smallbox $2000 and a Diezel Einstein $1700. For the Synergy i had been looking at the SLO, MetroPlex, BE and am waiting to see the upcoming ENGL and Dumble clone.

I did end up just ordering the Fryette Power Station, so i'll probably continue down the Synergy path for now. I probably will wait on any Friedman Modules and still thinking about a Smallbox or something in the future. I like the BE module but not enough gain, the HBE i think was too compressed. The BE with a boost might be enough though...wish he threw a SAT switch on there or something Smile
Egnater: EG2, EG4, Hi-Gain
Salvation: Salvado Deluxe
Strymon Flint and Mobius, TC Triple Delay, JHS Andy Timmons, Kemper, Ventris, Koko Boost, Carl Martin AT Compressor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Synergy Amps & Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: