Can I run this RM50 Midi setup?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I’m thinking of running this setup:

RM50 (Clean/Mr Boga) + TC G Major + Tech 21 Midi Moose

The Midi Moose has 5 preset buttons.

Can I setup the presets on a G Major to do this, and switch between them with the Midi Moose?

1 - Clean + Chorus, Reverb, delay
2 - Clean + ambient Reverb
3 - Mr Boga + noise gate
4 - Mr Boga + noise gate, Reverb, delay
5 - Mr Boga + noise gate, phaser

Offcourse...

just program each midi-program, 1 to 5 .

-Programm the RM50 such that for each midi-programm the selected channel is choosen (push and hold the channel switch push button)

-Programm the GMajor such that for each midi-programm has the FX you want.

Use midi-trough to connect the RM50 to the Gmajor (or vice versa)

Ok, the RM50 doesn’t have Midi connections, so how to I setup he connections between the G Major and the RM50?

The Gmajor has relays that you can program open or closed to do the channel switching on the RM50. You would program the open/close for each Gmajor preset you're going to use. You might have to dig out the manual. I don't remember how to open and close those but I remember it was pretty easy.

palmface ,, the rm50 has no midi.. the rm100 has...

+1 on guitarzan

use the Jacks outputs from the Gmajor to controll your RM50 channels

guitarzan said:
The Gmajor has relays that you can program open or closed to do the channel switching on the RM50. You would program the open/close for each Gmajor preset you're going to use. You might have to dig out the manual. I don't remember how to open and close those but I remember it was pretty easy.

Oh wow, that's cool. I was trying to figure out how to make something like this work. I have an AX8 at the moment but I was eyeing a G-Major that was for sale pretty cheap locally the other day. This might make my week!

tnjazz said:
guitarzan said:

Oh wow, that's cool. I was trying to figure out how to make something like this work. I have an AX8 at the moment but I was eyeing a G-Major that was for sale pretty cheap locally the other day. This might make my week!

From the look of it, the AX8 has relay connections. You should be able to use them to control your RM50. The FX should be higher quality than an old G-Major and you could build patches incorporating your amp channels, or even bypassing them, if you prefer the amp in the AX8 for a particular patch

VitaminG said:
tnjazz said:
guitarzan said:

From the look of it, the AX8 has relay connections. You should be able to use them to control your RM50. The FX should be higher quality than an old G-Major and you could build patches incorporating your amp channels, or even bypassing them, if you prefer the amp in the AX8 for a particular patch

AX8 does *NOT* have relays. The FX8 does but the AX8 does not. The only switching available using the AX8 is via MIDI, and it's set per scene only. So you'd have to set up a scene for each switch you'd want to make. This is both good and bad of course. You have to program your footswitches as scene controllers and you may lose individual effect options if you run out of scenes, but it's seamless and does work amazingly well with the Synergy SYN-2. I would imagine it would be just as good with an RM100.

ah, my bad. I think I was looking at a pic of the AX8 and clicked on related pics for a better look at the back panel. The 'related pic' must have been the FX8. Plenty of discussion online about how they dropped the relays from the FX8 when they designed the AX8. Apologies to anyone I misinformed