What mods have yet to be done that you would want?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
withmittens said:
Bleedback said:
I've hoped for a Friedman Naked mod. My Salvation Buddy gets close...but its still missing just a bit of something specific to the amp (I used to own a '78 JMP 2203 with the Naked mod).

Another one would be PRS Archon. The gain channel on that amp is just amazing...

not to take away from the thread, what exactly is the Budda Drive all about? for a long time I thought it was a hot rodded Vox sound. then a Marshall in an el 34 format. I can't put my finger on it. It sounds cool as hell and I've played one once at a practice space full of amps. still I don't think I understand what it is

To my knowledge (but I could be wrong)...the Budda superdrive was designed by Dave Friedman. Its preamp is apparently pretty close to the Friedman Naked on its drive channel while the clean is typically described as 'voxy'. They really are great amps. The Salvation buddy I have sounds pretty much like the Superdrives that I remember playing (voxy clean w/hot-rodded plexi drive).

Bleedback said:
withmittens said:
Bleedback said:
I've hoped for a Friedman Naked mod. My Salvation Buddy gets close...but its still missing just a bit of something specific to the amp (I used to own a '78 JMP 2203 with the Naked mod).

Another one would be PRS Archon. The gain channel on that amp is just amazing...

not to take away from the thread, what exactly is the Budda Drive all about? for a long time I thought it was a hot rodded Vox sound. then a Marshall in an el 34 format. I can't put my finger on it. It sounds cool as hell and I've played one once at a practice space full of amps. still I don't think I understand what it is

To my knowledge (but I could be wrong)...the Budda superdrive was designed by Dave Friedman. Its preamp is apparently pretty close to the Friedman Naked on its drive channel while the clean is typically described as 'voxy'. They really are great amps. The Salvation buddy I have sounds pretty much like the Superdrives that I remember playing (voxy clean w/hot-rodded plexi drive).

I thought Jeff Bober designed the Superdrive? Or are you referring specifically to a Budda MTS module? Is there one? Having owned 4 Buddas in the past I'd be all over that...