Looking for recommendations

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnjazz

Reaction score
OK, so I'm buying into this MTS thing completely, and I have a couple of stock modules that I think I'm going to look into getting modded.

I've got a Blackface and a Treadplate.

I play a few clean tunes (think Sultans of Swing kind of cleans) but mostly AC/DC or Thin Lizzy style rock. I dislike Marshalls and absolutely despise Mesas (only when I am playing them though). I like Orange and Friedman tone, and Bogner/Soldano.

Pretty sure the Blackface will end up becoming a Twin of some kind, but what do I do with this horrid Treadplate thing?

Thinking maybe Shiver or Salvado Deluxe (I do like Bogners and Soldanos, and have owned both).

Any thoughts on these two? Any other modules I should be considering as far as donating a Treadplate to Salvation or JF to get this type of drive tone?

The JF SLOD100 was better IMO than the Salvation Salvado. When you said AC/DC and Lizzy, I immediately thought of the RR and Bogner would be the Shiver. SG made a GREAT Uberschall module but I don't think that's what you're after. I didn't like most of the modded friedman modules. I can't comment on the new Synergy stuff. I had a voodoo modded plexi that was pretty neat! a great Do-it-all module is JF's version of a Framus Cobra.

Rob does a great AC30 mod. I also love his twin. His Dumble is amazing if you like a little more gain-y sound.
For Salvation, I highly recommend his Buda Twin. Is is.....just a different sound. Another of his that is really cool is his Legend which is his Carvin Legacy.

Since SYNERGY came out, it feels like this MTS thing is taking off again.

I just got my head. It came with Deluxe. It sounds ok but the clip I heard of the Super V was best clean I've heard to match what's in my head although Rockman has a really cool clean but that's totally different. My Super V is supposed to arrive tomorrow