JF modded RM100 -wauwwww

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebird V

Reaction score
Okay so just wanted to drop in between playing. So... I Bought an amp (RM100 head) Howard had on eBay. It was already at Robs shop so I had it modded with full Mercury power/output choke iron. NFB Foglifter plus and extra tube gain stage up front. Not cheap to do but compared to buying a few modded modules and the cost of the stock one well... we all been there I think well at least quite a few of us have and we know it adds up quick. I got the head for 250 and the cost of the mods were about 1,100 so y'all know where its at $ wise.

Just have to say I love it. I wish I had bought the head first before modules that were modded or new tubes for stock modules or well... anything other than a modded head first. All I can say us wauwww. It makes every module so much more adjustable.

If you are looking at modded modules I would strongly suggest saving the cash and do the head first. You probably will be revisiting all the stock modules you shelved,

It can go from clean to creamy vintage to modern metal...OKay well so can the stock head right? This does it better... It does it the way you have wished it would/could. the nfb feature is awesome. Rob did an excellent job on the Foglifter but the Foglifter + with the nfb (negative feedback) knob adjusts the density and presence section even more.

The extra gain stage will make any module that is mild wild and any clean module warmer to gritty. It will make a hot gain module and make it liquid over the top. You can dial back your preamp gain and run the head tube gain stage knob hi and have a much quieter amp too.

that sounds awesome. I'd love to try a JF-modded head one day. Unfortunately the cost of shipping one of these heavy mothers internationally, paying for Rob's work & then return shipping would be double what you paid.

I have three amps all modded by Rob. I am not sure about the stock modules sounding a lot better, but the modded ones do and they sounded **** good to begin with.

Thanks for the kind words guys and glad to hear you are digging the modded amps. For all those interested but not wanting to send in amps, I am going to be modifying a pair of metal grill RM100's I've picked up used to flip. Likely going to do dual channel upgrade kits, custom Mercury OT/choke and Foglifter+ on each. If this is something you've been interested in, shoot me an email.