SYN-2 and SYN 50/50 question: Can I do this?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnjazz

Reaction score
OK, yet another question.

I would like to run one channel of the SYN-50/50 to a speaker cab, and the other to my Two Notes Torpedo Live for in-ear monitoring (until I get my previous question about 4CM FX through the DI figured out).

Do I just run the SYN-2 outputs into the 50/50 in "stereo" or dual mono, and hook up the cab to output A and the Torpedo to output B? If I use both sides of the 50/50 in this way, BOTH outputs would require a speaker load, correct?

If I'm thinking this through correctly, that would give me independent volume control for A and B, so in theory I could turn my speaker down entirely if I wanted to do silent only in-ear monitoring?

Cool, thanks!

Just basically wanted to confirm that if I ran the power amp in stereo and ran to 2 different sources, that both sources needed a load.

Would it be the same in dual mono mode (not bridged) ?

Ideally I'd like to run the DI out to the Two Notes from the SYN-2 directly and retain the option of stereo out or bridged to the cab from the power amp, but until I figure out how to get the FX in there as well that isn't an option.

I'm not sure I'm totally following what you're asking about. Maybe if you described your use-cases more?

The Two Notes can take a line in from the SYN2 or a speaker input from the SYN 5050. It also has a speaker thru so you can keep a speaker connected and bypass the Live's load.

The SYN 5050 has standby controls for both channels. So you don't have to have a speaker connected to channel B if you keep B in standby. Or if you are in bridged mode (which bypasses the channel B input and speaker out).

I want to send a mono signal to a speaker cab, and the same mono signal to the Two Notes.

I know I can go Thru on the Two Notes but I thought it might be easier to send one side of the power amp straight to the speaker and the other side directly to the Two Notes.

That way Volume A could control my cab volume independently and I could leave volume B set for optimal volume to my in ear signal.

Trying to minimize my knob turning in a live setting is my goal.

The Two Notes Torpedo Live will take a 100 watt load why not just run the 50/50 into it in mono and take the signal off the Two Notes Torpedo Live for your IEM's?

I could, but I feel like I’d have more control coming directly off the amp. Just wondering if it’s a workable option.

Again ideally I’d use the DI out of the SYN-2 for ears and skip the Torpedo entirely but I haven’t got the cab emulation signal figured out yet with the AX8 in 4CM (separate thread)