MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there any videos from NAMM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Synergy Amps & Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Are there any videos from NAMM Reply with quote

It seems no one posted/visited the Synergy Booth, have been curious to get clips/reactions to the new modules....always makes me wonder.
Strymon Flint and Mobius, TC Triple Delay, JHS Andy Timmons, Kemper, Ventris, Koko Boost, Carl Martin AT Compressor, Proanalog MKIV Fuzz, Ibanez TS9dx
teofilrocks
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the photos I've seen, it didn't seem like Synergy was highlighting the new modules specifically. More like the overall system platform like they did last year. I think Synergy isn't on a lot of people's radar still, unfortunately. It's growing, but still getting there.

Or maybe everyone's still going over their non-headlining-brand's footage and editing it as we speak. We'll see. I'm not expecting too much until review units of the new modules go out shortly before/after production release.
guitarzan
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one with Bruce Egnater pre-NAMM was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6R6YVrzX4s
Syn1, MOD50, M4, Hilly's RM100 modded to dual, RM4 modded to dual channel. G-Major 2, Mesa 20/20, Fryette Powerstation, Friedman Smallbox Combo, 1979 Marshall JMP 50 modded to BE/HBE by Friedman. Tons of modules.
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarzan wrote:
This one with Bruce Egnater pre-NAMM was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6R6YVrzX4s

Cool. Thanks, didn't look like they touched any of the new modules yet, want to hear the Friedman BB and the Dumble style one.
Strymon Flint and Mobius, TC Triple Delay, JHS Andy Timmons, Kemper, Ventris, Koko Boost, Carl Martin AT Compressor, Proanalog MKIV Fuzz, Ibanez TS9dx
teofilrocks
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwater posted a video from the booth taking a brief look at the new Savage, OD, and BB/BE. Need a proper demo recording, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuELzuJ6QD8
keg8605
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the SW one I'd like to hear with the cab mic'ed up. I don't know why SW doesn't do that at NAMM.
guitarzan
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Dang Reply with quote

I'm going to need all 3 of the modules!
Syn1, MOD50, M4, Hilly's RM100 modded to dual, RM4 modded to dual channel. G-Major 2, Mesa 20/20, Fryette Powerstation, Friedman Smallbox Combo, 1979 Marshall JMP 50 modded to BE/HBE by Friedman. Tons of modules.
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, will definitely need in depth demo's mic'ed up. The dumble sounded like it had way too much gain and similar to other types of modules gain (not a super mid pushed sound....but hard to tell the way it was recorded, and he wasn't really playing anything on the guitar). If the dumble doesn't live up to expectations its back to ordering the pedals from Kingsley i guess...i held off to hear the synergy module (plus its a 9 month wait for Kingsley to build pedals).

With all of the preamp style pedals coming out there is a lot of competition now. The Victory pedals look nice, i'd like to hear how the Diezel pedals (and Friedman) compare against the modules....
teofilrocks
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrismilne wrote:
Hmm, will definitely need in depth demo's mic'ed up. The dumble sounded like it had way too much gain and similar to other types of modules gain (not a super mid pushed sound....but hard to tell the way it was recorded, and he wasn't really playing anything on the guitar). If the dumble doesn't live up to expectations its back to ordering the pedals from Kingsley i guess...i held off to hear the synergy module (plus its a 9 month wait for Kingsley to build pedals).

With all of the preamp style pedals coming out there is a lot of competition now. The Victory pedals look nice, i'd like to hear how the Diezel pedals (and Friedman) compare against the modules....

Did you ever try Salvation’s Humble Overdrive module?
MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5F-MXDUHE4&feature=youtu.be

On the facebook page there's some killer vids of Andy Wood crushing it.
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teofilrocks wrote:

Did you ever try Salvation’s Humble Overdrive module?

No, i'm sure it's good but if they are similar for the price/single channel (assuming it is), i'd rather wait for the Synergy version.

All the Andy wood videos were with background tracks etc, he was smoking but hard to discern how great the tone was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Synergy Amps & Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: