RM50 suddenly not working? Any help?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No other fuses I can see anywhere inside the chassis.

I even tested the two removable ones on the back panel and they are fine as well.

I'm stumped. But that is no surprise since beyond this I have no idea what I am looking at, ha!

Pretty sure this is a higher power's way of telling me "just stop goofing around and buy that Synergy SYN-2 already"

No issues whatsoever with this amp until I put in this Savation module and hooked it up to the Torpedo Live. I don't know how either one could cause this but it seems odd.

The LED on the Salvation module is out but it appeared to be working properly (and sounded great), as was the Two Notes.

Well the RM50 is headed off to my local tech tonight. I have a funny feeling that 10 minutes on the bench will fix whatever is going on with this thing.

In the meantime, the Synergy rig will be landing in my hot little hands tomorrow so I'm pretty excited about that!

warmachine67 said:
If you think about, let us know what it was.

I'm still curious. Congrats on the synergy btw.

According to my amp guy, the issue was a bad voltage regulator in the switching circuit. It's apparently all well and good now.

tnjazz said:
warmachine67 said:
If you think about, let us know what it was.

I'm still curious. Congrats on the synergy btw.

According to my amp guy, the issue was a bad voltage regulator in the switching circuit. It's apparently all well and good now.

Further update on this: the channel switching relay turned out to have an intermittent fault which caused the issues with the voltage regulator. With a higher quality relay installed the amp is back to 100% again.

Huge props to Mattfig for providing me with the schematics to the amp! They were a tremendous help!