MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I run this RM50 Midi setup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Can I run this RM50 Midi setup? Reply with quote

Iím thinking of running this setup:

RM50 (Clean/Mr Boga) + TC G Major + Tech 21 Midi Moose

The Midi Moose has 5 preset buttons.

Can I setup the presets on a G Major to do this, and switch between them with the Midi Moose?

1 - Clean + Chorus, Reverb, delay
2 - Clean + ambient Reverb
3 - Mr Boga + noise gate
4 - Mr Boga + noise gate, Reverb, delay
5 - Mr Boga + noise gate, phaser
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
tschrama
RM100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offcourse...

just program each midi-program, 1 to 5 .

-Programm the RM50 such that for each midi-programm the selected channel is choosen (push and hold the channel switch push button)

-Programm the GMajor such that for each midi-programm has the FX you want.

Use midi-trough to connect the RM50 to the Gmajor (or vice versa)

Good deals with: C2ply, BenMesaBoog, YouguitarHero, nitrous12, kylendm.
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the RM50 doesnít have Midi connections, so how to I setup he connections between the G Major and the RM50?
guitarzan
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gmajor has relays that you can program open or closed to do the channel switching on the RM50. You would program the open/close for each Gmajor preset you're going to use. You might have to dig out the manual. I don't remember how to open and close those but I remember it was pretty easy.
Syn1, MOD50, M4, Hilly's RM100 modded to dual, RM4 modded to dual channel. G-Major 2, Mesa 20/20, Fryette Powerstation, Friedman Smallbox Combo, 1979 Marshall JMP 50 modded to BE/HBE by Friedman. Tons of modules.
tschrama
RM100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmface ,, the rm50 has no midi.. the rm100 has...

+1 on guitarzan

use the Jacks outputs from the Gmajor to controll your RM50 channels

Good deals with: C2ply, BenMesaBoog, YouguitarHero, nitrous12, kylendm.
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks guys!
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarzan wrote:
The Gmajor has relays that you can program open or closed to do the channel switching on the RM50. You would program the open/close for each Gmajor preset you're going to use. You might have to dig out the manual. I don't remember how to open and close those but I remember it was pretty easy.

Oh wow, that's cool. I was trying to figure out how to make something like this work. I have an AX8 at the moment but I was eyeing a G-Major that was for sale pretty cheap locally the other day. This might make my week!
VitaminG
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnjazz wrote:
guitarzan wrote:

Oh wow, that's cool. I was trying to figure out how to make something like this work. I have an AX8 at the moment but I was eyeing a G-Major that was for sale pretty cheap locally the other day. This might make my week!

From the look of it, the AX8 has relay connections. You should be able to use them to control your RM50. The FX should be higher quality than an old G-Major and you could build patches incorporating your amp channels, or even bypassing them, if you prefer the amp in the AX8 for a particular patch
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VitaminG wrote:
tnjazz wrote:
guitarzan wrote:

From the look of it, the AX8 has relay connections. You should be able to use them to control your RM50. The FX should be higher quality than an old G-Major and you could build patches incorporating your amp channels, or even bypassing them, if you prefer the amp in the AX8 for a particular patch

AX8 does *NOT* have relays. The FX8 does but the AX8 does not. The only switching available using the AX8 is via MIDI, and it's set per scene only. So you'd have to set up a scene for each switch you'd want to make. This is both good and bad of course. You have to program your footswitches as scene controllers and you may lose individual effect options if you run out of scenes, but it's seamless and does work amazingly well with the Synergy SYN-2. I would imagine it would be just as good with an RM100.
VitaminG
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, my bad. I think I was looking at a pic of the AX8 and clicked on related pics for a better look at the back panel. The 'related pic' must have been the FX8. Plenty of discussion online about how they dropped the relays from the FX8 when they designed the AX8. Apologies to anyone I misinformed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: