Strange behaviour : Mr Scary module has become louder

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFT

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I’ve been a long time reader on this forum since I jumped in the MTS train a few years ago. I have a Randall RM4 that I have bought used, it’s loaded with a Salvation Twinface, and three stock Lynch signature modules (Grail, Judge and Mr Scary).
The other day, I wanted to swap the modules position. So I turn the RM4 off, did the swapping and turn the RM4 back on. As a result, the Mr Scary module is now louder than the other ones. I usually set the volume between 2 and 3 o’clock on the Randall modules, now Mr. Scary needs to be set between 10 and 11 o’clock to be on pair with the other. In the same time I have the feeling that the tone has slightly changed (maybe with more high mids but I’m not quite sure).
I checked the tone pots : no volume with all three down, and when I turn them on individually they seem to operate as supposed on their own frequency range. What’s more, the module is now “louder” whatever the slot it’s on.
Has anyone already experimented such a phenomenon or have an idea of what is going on ?
Thank you for your help.

(Please excuse my English, as it’s not my native language)