RM20 measurements

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencer4hire

Reaction score
Could someone who owns a RM20 combo please tell me the height of the amp. Going to get a cover for my one off RM22 combo and want to see if it is the same height. Thanks in advance.

warmachine67 said:
Is this the rm22 combo prototype that I read about somewhere or did you add a cabinet to an rm22 head?
It was a the prototype made by Randall. I have since sent it to Rob@ Jaded Faith Mods and had the full treatment done to it. Mercury Magnetics transformers and choke,Foglifter plus,and a master volume pot. What a total difference.

I always wondered where that amp ended up. Glad you had it upgraded properly. I had Rob do the same to my rm22 and rm20. Worth every penny.

I doubt you will ever part with that one, but I'll take it if you do ;).

warmachine67 said:
I always wondered where that amp ended up. Glad you had it upgraded properly. I had Rob do the same to my rm22 and rm20. Worth every penny.

I doubt you will ever part with that one, but I'll take it if you do ;).
Need to have Rob do the upgrades on my RM20 head.
If I ever decide to let the RM22 combo go I will give you first shot at it.

Try using your modded rm20/22 as Slave/Reamper.
I am using mine with a Shur reactive load and it sounds fantastic.
It works like a Fryette Powerstation, I love my Powerstation 2
but this set up has basically retired it.

Signal chain - Amp - Loadbox - line out into RM20/22 effects return.
Next find your preferred balance between the DI level from your loadbox line out and the Master volume on the RM20/22 and you will have tonal bliss at any volume.

Just make sure to turn down/off any tone controls on the main amp's power section and use the power amp Presence and Depth on the RM20/22 instead.

I have tried this with a bunch of amp's and it sound killer with all of them.