EG 3/4 compared to...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Man Music

Reaction score
How does this module compare to the Egnater SL & SL2? (which I have)

Is the difference worth getting the 3/4 or can I get close enough with the SL & SL2?

There is more gain on tap that either of those IMHO its more comparable with the SL2X in terms of level of gain. It darker EQ wise too - I love mine :)

Axisman5150 said:
Thanks webr!

So is it dark in the mids or treble? I just might have to buy one when one becomes available.

lower mids, a little less gain.

webrthomson said:
There is more gain on tap that either of those IMHO its more comparable with the SL2X in terms of level of gain. It darker EQ wise too - I love mine :)
I can't speak to the gain of the SL 2x, but it was comparable to the EG5 as far as gain went. The EQ in the 3/4 was as above is very much darker, than the EG5. LOVE THE 3/4. Went direct with a Mod 50 via a Palmer, and could get controlled Feedback. YMMV.

Tighter, more focused /can be made much dryer sounding with eq and also the mids are voiced in a different eq range. I have all of them and I play the EG more because I like the dryer tone not because the others are bad