Salvation AntiSaint vs MarkUS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKD

Reaction score
Question:

If you had both of these, which would you sell...and why?

My MarkUS was the first to add the Recto voicing instead of the flat EQ option....I believe that is what the AntiSaint has on it....If so, I much prefer the MarkUS with Recto voicing (Though it is special request)....

The reason people like to have the flat voicing is mainly for cleans (which I don't use MarkUS for) so I like the toggle having V-Scooped and Recto voicing as Antisaint....

Mattfig said:
My MarkUS was the first to add the Recto voicing instead of the flat EQ option....I believe that is what the AntiSaint has on it....If so, I much prefer the MarkUS with Recto voicing (Though it is special request)....

The reason people like to have the flat voicing is mainly for cleans (which I don't use MarkUS for) so I like the toggle having V-Scooped and Recto voicing as Antisaint....

What does the regular EQ toggle do on the MarkUS?

I honestly don't remember if my ASVNT has an EQ toggle...,,

Actually both have a Shape and Shift switch...plus ASVNT has DEEP.

They both in my Rm4 right now.
I am using the MarkUs for Hi gain and the Antisaint for the clean.

I find that the deep switch on the Antisaint gives it a better clean,
and I use the V eq on both and don't plan to sell either of them. :D

shortlife said:
They both in my Rm4 right now.
I am using the MarkUs for Hi gain and the Antisaint for the clean.

I find that the deep switch on the Antisaint gives it a better clean,
and I use the V eq on both and don't plan to sell either of them. :D

hahhah! Not helping, lol! \m/

aside said:
The MarkUs seems to get good reviews - can it do that tight, dry Hetfield thang?

It can do Master Of Puppets for sure, I use it with a Tube screamer in front and it nails that tone. It is very tight.

shortlife said:
It can do Master Of Puppets for sure, I use it with a Tube screamer in front and it nails that tone. It is very tight.

How are you using the TS - with the gain right down?

aside said:
shortlife said:

How are you using the TS - with the gain right down?

Yes, Gain all the way down and volume normally three quarters of the way up.
You can get a lot of gain and compression sculpting going using Gain and Lead Drive along with the volume control on a Drive pedal.

I’m playing a Mesa Mark V35, and the tone on Mk IIC+ and IV modes unboosted are hands down some of the best heavy tones I’ve ever played.

The IIC+ is Metallica Master / AJFA all day long and the Mk IV IS Lamb of God - New American Gospel. I’m blown away.

I think I’m going for a MarkUs next to see how it stacks up in my Syn-1 against the V35.

So I got a MarkUs and I'm not really digging it. Not sure if it's a taste thing or the unit actually has a fault (it's well used).

How do you guys set yours up? I played with it for quite a while but it doesn't sound tight and heavy, more fizzy and loose.

I replaced the valves, and tried with two different amps.

aside said:
So I got a MarkUs and I'm not really digging it. Not sure if it's a taste thing or the unit actually has a fault (it's well used).

How do you guys set yours up? I played with it for quite a while but it doesn't sound tight and heavy, more fizzy and loose.

I replaced the valves, and tried with two different amps.

I assume this is how I generally play mine.....though has been out of my amp a while so maybe the pots moved....I think it's easy to over dial the gain and fizz may be a variant of the speaker/power amp tubes too...but to me it sounds like it gets that that classic MESA metal sound....a la Petrucci or Metallica

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv279/jkdsteve2/IMG_0967_zpst7rzhdig.jpg

Ok thanks mate. Pretty sure there's something not right with this thing. Really lack in lows and low mids, weird attack and fizz.

Does yours offer any clean sound at all? I can't get anything close to a decent clean from this thing.

aside said:
Ok thanks mate. Pretty sure there's something not right with this thing. Really lack in lows and low mids, weird attack and fizz.

Does yours offer any clean sound at all? I can't get anything close to a decent clean from this thing.

Never tried...lol. I'll have a go later.

It's sounding like you maybe have a poor solder joint or perhaps a bad pot.

Fixed - a cap had been knocked and a leg broke off, easy fix in the end.

All the values on the caps have been blacked out which makes repairs that little bit harder - better than goop all over it I guess :shock: