Stock modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cortina_69

Reaction score
Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on what the best stock modules in their opinion are. I hope to own a rm22 Randall soon and was wondering what the best clean and dirty modules are both for tone and versatility.

For stock clean: blackface, clean, kh1, super v, deluxe..... Most are good.

Dirty: depends on what you want, for stock the ultra XL, XTC, SL+ are well liked, and any of the signature are great. If you really don't want to go the modded route right away, then best to probably go for the sig modules, they're all very impressive, and each have their areas covered:

KH1 - fender clean
KH2 - 80's Marshall/Mesa
KH3 - modern Mesa/VHT
Super V - Vox clean
Mr Scary - JCM/SLO
Grail - Rectifier
1086 - very versatile high gain mod, capable of a lot of sounds, but some find it difficult to dial in.

Note: the modded mods are seriously miles better than any stocks, and in all honestly some modded ones go for waaaaaay less than they should be on here, especially compared to what your getting out of them! Well worth a look!

What do people think of the lynch modules specifically the judge. Also what are the best modded modules you own.

I had a Lynch Box with Super V, Mr Scary, Grail, it was one of the best amps i've ever owned! Versatility to boot, and nothing but great tones!
I never played the Judge. But folks seem to like it.
I've owned a handful of modded mods, the Salvation Camerock, Benzin, and Mamba all live up to their name!

buriedorburned has covered off all the majors. I will add, the Modern is a super under-rated high gainer. Rarely talked about, can be a great lead module

I know this is old but I'm new here so. I'm really licking the Super V for clean and both Mr Scary and Grail sound great for distortion

I second that. The Judge is my favorite stocker, and even rivals my Jaded Faith and Salvation modules. It does classic Marshall and modded Marshall tones in spades! Mr. Scary is great, too, higher gain and more compressed.

The Judge has been my all time favorite. Its a Friedman BE in disguise.

I recently got a Deluxe that I love as well.