SYN-1 thru a Mark V35 effects loop

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying an SYN-1 soon, and running it into the effects loop of my V35 head.

Here's what the SYN-1 manual says:

The loop on your amp MUST be a 100% series loop. The SYN1 will not work in a parallel loop. If in doubt, consult the manufacturer of your amp to determine this. One known issue is with the Mesa Dual and Triple Rectifier, Road King and Roadster amps that prevents the SYN1 from working properly in the loop. By design, the Boogie loops always have a small amount of dry signal mixed in with the loop which will wreak havoc with many effects and also the SYN1. There may be other amps that we are not aware of with loops that are not compatible. We will make this information available as we discover these issues."

Here's what my Mark V 35 manual says:

The FX Loop is wired in Series with the dry signal and as long as you
are using processors of good quality, you should experience seamless interfacing with no tonal degradation. That said,
anything you insert in this extremely sensitive junction of an amplifier (between preamp and power section) may have the
potential to slightly alter the sound.

I think this should workout fine, right?

buriedorburned said:
I'm planning on buying an SYN-1 soon, and running it into the effects loop of my V35 head.

Here's what the SYN-1 manual says:

The loop on your amp MUST be a 100% series loop. The SYN1 will not work in a parallel loop. If in doubt, consult the manufacturer of your amp to determine this. One known issue is with the Mesa Dual and Triple Rectifier, Road King and Roadster amps that prevents the SYN1 from working properly in the loop. By design, the Boogie loops always have a small amount of dry signal mixed in with the loop which will wreak havoc with many effects and also the SYN1. There may be other amps that we are not aware of with loops that are not compatible. We will make this information available as we discover these issues."

Here's what my Mark V 35 manual says:

The FX Loop is wired in Series with the dry signal and as long as you
are using processors of good quality, you should experience seamless interfacing with no tonal degradation. That said,
anything you insert in this extremely sensitive junction of an amplifier (between preamp and power section) may have the
potential to slightly alter the sound.

I think this should workout fine, right?

Yes - all the Mark V varients have serial loops - you're good :)

Let us know how it sounds - curious about EL84's and if they gel with the modules that would typically like bigger glass.