Improving sound of direct RT2/50 recording?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I've set up to record using RM4 & RT2/50. I have the RM4 to a mono track with Wall of Sound cabinet vst. This sounds pretty good but really takes some serious tweaking to get it right. I haven't fully perfected the tone yet. There are so many settings on the WOS that each tweak effects the sound very strongly. Is the Torpedo device better or is it just the vst contained in a self running box?

anyone have suggestions on how to best use the WOS vst? I just keep tweaking to no end

Then, I have the RT2/50 into a Weber Mass 100 for direct Amp to DAW into Wall of Sound vst , no Power amp IR

Overall the sound is okay. not bad but not really full and refined like a recording should be. There are some odd artifacts such as the treble frequencies coming through a bit rough. This are the higher frequency distortions from the MTS preamps, not the recording interface.

Des anyone have any input on how to get a better sound using this kid of setup?

Is the Mass 100 maybe not the best, so I'm fighting against something I can't change? It has the tone stack for Direct recording. I'm not sure about the quality of it's sound. Other than that, maybe it's just my settings...

Digi 002 rack into Reaper.

I could set up a microphone to compare, really trying to keep it silent

thanks

My first guess would be to get some kind of poweramp simulation going as well
Tone is the sum of all parts, and you're missing a piece