MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Foot Controller for RM100 recommedations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> MTS Forum News & Annoucements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Travis1972
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Midi Foot Controller for RM100 recommedations? Reply with quote

Guys,

Sorry if this topic already exists...I couldn't find it?

I am using the RM100 with a TC Electronic G-Major. Although I am very happy with the 3 basic sounds that I can get with the standard footswitch, having about 7-12 more would be perfect! Smile

I wanted to check with the experts before I buy something that will not work with my setup. Any help with configurations would help also. I would like to be able to control my stomp boxes also.

I was thinking from the cheap Behringer to the different Rocktrons to Voodoo Lab??? I don't want to spend more than I spent on my rig! Which will work the best with the RM100 and TC?

BTW, I am using the Clean, Grail and XTC modules. I also own a Top Boost and an Ultra (modified somewhere between and XL and SL+). In front of this I am using a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, Boss Noise Supressor, and the TS-9 Deluxe for extra grit or solos (not really needed).

I love this amp! I am also using JJ E34L's, but it came with 6L6's and those are fun to play with also!

Thanks.
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Baco
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best controller imho for this is the G Lab GSC-2. I use one too and it's amazing. It has 6 loops for FX on-board and you can program it (using your PC!) to your liking.

I made a bank so that I can control both my RM100's, so every switch is a direct switch for the different modules. In another bank I programmed the 6 loops for using my pedals. But you can mix/match anyway you want. Highly recommended!
Travis1972
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Baco!

I just checked out their site and I think it is exactly what I am looking for. I don't think any other controller even comes close to this one! The 6 loops and the ability to switch anything has sold me.

Now I need to decide between the GSC, GSC-2 or GSC-3? The GSC's 6 is better than 3, but 10 on the GSC-2/3 is fantastic! I am intrigued by the volume boost on the standard GSC, however. That could eliminate my boost pedal?

Decisions, decisions...? Smile

I can't wait to get this thing hooked up to my RM100!

Thanks again.

P.S.: How do you like the KH-2/3 modules? I am into that late 80's - early 90's Thrash metal sound...which one is the best for that?
kylendm
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mean to jack your thread but what's the average price of a GSC-2/3
Fryette 2/50/2
Baco
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis1972 wrote:
Thanks Baco!

I just checked out their site and I think it is exactly what I am looking for. I don't think any other controller even comes close to this one! The 6 loops and the ability to switch anything has sold me.

Now I need to decide between the GSC, GSC-2 or GSC-3? The GSC's 6 is better than 3, but 10 on the GSC-2/3 is fantastic! I am intrigued by the volume boost on the standard GSC, however. That could eliminate my boost pedal?

Decisions, decisions...? Smile

I can't wait to get this thing hooked up to my RM100!

Thanks again.

P.S.: How do you like the KH-2/3 modules? I am into that late 80's - early 90's Thrash metal sound...which one is the best for that?

Glad I could help Smile

I went for the GSC-2 because of it's extended features compared to the GSC and because I didn't think that the extra for only other switches on the GSC-3 was worth it (and the GSC-2 was in stock, not the GSC-3). In time I'm getting a RM4 so I can use 1 bank for 10 different modules, all available with the push of a switch (and using a Rocktron Looper 8 Wink)

Another feature that I love about these controllers is that you can program them using your computer, it's so easy and fast. And the built-in power supply for 6 pedals is very useful too! As is the Tuner out etc...

Regarding the modules, a KH2 is more old-school sounding than a KH3, but I feel that it lacks a bit of punch, so I boost the sucker a bit Wink Definately check out the SL+ too!
Travis1972
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylendm wrote:
Don't mean to jack your thread but what's the average price of a GSC-2/3

I only found 1 place (I didn't search too many places, though) that had it in stock in the USA: Tour Supply Online. They had the GSC-2 only. Price was $519

Baco: Yeah, I think the GSC-2 is the one to go with if the 3 is more money! You have quite a setup going there...Awesome!

I think it would be nice if some of the high gain modules had some noise reduction circuitry built in. Maybe a switch or small knob? Maybe they'll have one on the next revision? I only crank the gain up to 7 or 8 and then boost to keep noise levels minimal. Turn the XL up all the way and it sounds like you are receiving transmissions from outer space. Laughing
fbarraza28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph Lauren Outlet Online
Adidas Sneakers
Adidas Outlet
Nike KD Shoes
Pandora Jewelry
Adidas NMD
Timberland Boots For Men
Longchamp Handbags
Lebron Shoes
Red Bottoms
Coach Outlet
Kyrie 3
Pandora Charms
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Puma Shoes
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Kyrie 4
North Face Jackets
Louboutin Shoes
Tory Burch Outlet
Nike Air Force 1
Yeezy boost 350 v2
Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Beluga 2.0
Vans Outlet
Pandora Rings
KD Shoes
Ralph Lauren Polo
Louboutin Shoes
Moncler UK
Nike Shoes
Pandora Jewelry
Moncler Outlet
Harden vol 1
Pandora Charm
Pandora Rings
KD 10
Louboutin Shoes
Valentino
Jimmy Choo Outlet
Air Max 90
Timberland Boots
Pandora
Timberlad Shoes
Nike Outlet
Jordan 11 GYM Red
Pandora Bracelet
Pandora
Yeezy
Kyrie 3 Shoes
Adidas NMD
Jordan 11
Air Max
Ralph Lauren
Air Max
North Face Outlet Online
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> MTS Forum News & Annoucements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: