A lot of Synergy re-sales lately?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of Synergy gear up for grabs various places. Seems short owned and sold, some great prices, too.

I haven't taken the plunge on any of it but I wonder why things would be bought and sold so fast. I guess it's like any gear in the used market, plenty of it, but I wonder if there was some expectations that weren't met, with the concept in general or something more specific.

Pretty attractive deals out there

anyone have experience buying and selling quickly with the Synergy? what was it you were hoping for that it did not provide?

I think people always get sucked in by the "latest and greatest" gizmos on the market and sometimes some of them end up being let down. I know I was with my Kemper. Loved the hell out of it for a few weeks in the studio as I learned how it worked, but one live gig with it told me it wasn't going to cut it in the long run, so off it went.

MTS isn't for everyone. I think it's great, personally. I have a friend in town who shares my general taste in tone and he's pretty ambivalent about it. To each his own I guess?

I think it also has to do with people finding the modules they want to stick with too. But yea I'm a gear nerd and like trying out lots of things. The one thing that is going to make me hold onto the synergy setup for awhile is the fact that it can be used very easily with whatever actual amp you'd like to use.

I think that because all of the modules are named after or are made by different amp companies, that people buy them thinking they are buying those amps. When they buy Marshall style preamps and use them with their blues junior, they find that they don’t really sound exactly like the amp they were mimicking and get disappointed. Most of this stuff are Bruce’s or who ever designed the preamps take on that amps sound and are only going to get you close. If your just looking for a great sounding amp on it’s own merits, you can’t really beat this stuff.

I've said this before and Ill say it one more time... Synergy modules are based on actual amps... when someone like Anthony builds a module he builds it to sound how "you wished the amp sounded" not how it actually does. I don't own any synergy gear, but my gutt tells me that people are seriously let down by this stuff. I've been sitting here (truthfully) laughing at how much of this gear is for sale and how fast... but hey wtf do I know? lmao

Capt_Tippy said:
I've said this before and Ill say it one more time... Synergy modules are based on actual amps... when someone like Anthony builds a module he builds it to sound how "you wished the amp sounded" not how it actually does. I don't own any synergy gear, but my gutt tells me that people are seriously let down by this stuff. I've been sitting here (truthfully) laughing at how much of this gear is for sale and how fast... but hey wtf do I know? lmao

You can't have been around gear forums for long if you haven't witnessed this on very new product... GAS is a real thing.

"OMG it's the greatest"...one week/month/year later, bought something new....sell the old thing..rinse and repeat.

If anything the temptation to flip is even higher with modules, since the barrier to buy/try is lower.

Synergy is new kid on the block is all but I say activity is lower than expected, certainly way lower than Randall MTS was.

I'm not let down by my Synergy gear at all. In fact I find it to sound as good or better than my M4, and it's a lot more compact and certainly has more features.

Can't really comment on the whole "sounds like you wished the amp would sound" thing, because really I'm not sure how Anthony would know what I was wishing for anyway? I'm definitely happy with what I hear in my Synergy modules, as I am with the ones I have from Anthony and Rob. I'm not an effects nut - a little verb and delay and generally I'm good. So the majority of the tone for me comes from the module itself, and there's no let down in the Synergy ones for me.

Then again I'm not a guy who is looking to get an exact reproduction tone of a certain amp either. I just want a good tone, and I get it. Both with the Syn and the M4, and with any of the modules I've thus far deemed as "keepers". They are all different, but they are all pleasing in some way.

If it sounds good it is good. Took me way too many years of chasing down "name" amps and ultimately being underwhelmed in relation to my original expectations to realize it.

Yeah I don’t know what I’m talking about

Never mind hah

I put it in my sig to remind myself, but I keep forgetting.

I need to stop commenting on this ****

Most times people post **** they think they already know the answer to lmao

Latez

JKD said:
Capt_Tippy said:

You can't have been around gear forums for long if you haven't witnessed this on very new product... GAS is a real thing.

"OMG it's the greatest"...one week/month/year later, bought something new....sell the old thing..rinse and repeat.

If anything the temptation to flip is even higher with modules, since the barrier to buy/try is lower.

Synergy is new kid on the block is all but I say activity is lower than expected, certainly way lower than Randall MTS was.

The buy in is a bit too high, i sometimes regret buying in to Synergy. For the price of the Chassis you should get a module or a hefty discount on a package deal. There are really good pedals out now and you can run them without a host/chassis (and are half the price)...at least thats probably how many people see it. Interested to see the ODS, ENGL and BE/BB, otherwise i'll probably just keep an eye out for discounted/used custom modules or use the ones i have and not add new synergy modules.

I agree ^ the buy in is a bit high. Module prices are fine but the syn1 and 2 and the amps are really high. It is what it is. I'm pretty happy with the T DLX and SLO but have to agree. I also wonder on the durability of these. had a few bad demo's and my SLO bass pot has gotten tighter too..

Interesting. I don't really think the price is out of line on the Syn1 and Syn2. I do think it's a little crazy for the heads though.

I've got a Syn2 and a dual modded M4 and I've been thinking about letting the M4 go for another Syn2 myself.

The build quality on the Syn gear seems fairly robust to me. I do wish they'd get on the stick about releasing modules though, and ramp up development of new ones. I'm killing myself trying to find a dual Orange style module these days and if they'd put one out it would make my life a whole lot easier.

You can get a dual Orange right now, just speak to Salvation or Jaded Faith mods. Their selections are about a varied as you could ask for, and I'd wager they'd stand toe-to-toe with any "maybe" future Synergy offering that isn't even on the horizon.

On that note, what kind of dual Orange you looking for?

buriedorburned said:
You can get a dual Orange right now, just speak to Salvation or Jaded Faith mods. Their selections are about a varied as you could ask for, and I'd wager they'd stand toe-to-toe with any "maybe" future Synergy offering that isn't even on the horizon.

On that note, what kind of dual Orange you looking for?

That's easier said than done, at least with regard to Salvation anyway. I've basically given up on trying to get any info from them at this point about mod possibilities OR the order I placed. That's a whole 'nother thread though.

The JF RVerb - I had the single for a while and while it was good, it didn't feel particularly Orange-y to me. So I've got a donor or maybe two for Rob that I'll be talking to him about shortly, but it will be for something different.

I’m with TNJazz, in that I think the module prices are right. I saw a $600 dollar pedal the other day! I did get my Mod50 for 2100 back in 2004, with two mods. The price of the new Synergy stuff will run you, $100 more, admittedly without Mods, but it’s 15 years later. Cost of living, American made, yada yada yada. I’m not trying to flame anyone, 3 Large for a GREAT sounding 4 channel amp still seems like a pretty good deal to me. Plus if you went with the Bassman and the Diezel, you can control gain and EQ on every channel. I don’t believe there is another 4 switcher that does that. YMMV & all that and 10 bones will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

when I bought my RM100 secondhand it still had the original retail sticker on it. IIRC, it was around $2500 new just for the head. Non-signature modules were around $500 each here. Keep in mind this AU$, so significantly over US prices. But still, not a cheap piece of kit.

I paid around $1,100 with 3 modules.

The new Synergy gear isn't cheap, but it seems on par to me.

I have noticed there are a few modules you don’t see up as much for sale used such as the SLO