headphone output from SYN-1 for practice?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all-

been out of the MTS/modular forums for ages, just looking at the new SYN-1, very cool product, thinking about getting one.

Anyone have thoughts on a good way to use SYN-1 stand alone (no head/power amp) to get headphone output for practice? I assume you'd need to connect the XLR or 1/4 Main out to a headphone amp input?

bump.... anybody from Synergy actually monitor the forums?

still hoping for someone from Synergy to answer this.

Have to say I was hoping for a more active forum presence, give the forum link was on the Synergy website, especially after the long-awaited release of the new products.

this was originally the Randall MTS and modders forum but Synergy sort of renamed it via donation to the owner of the board, or something like that. Modders and users have really been the life of this board for years, directly related to the Randall and Egnater lines and after market developments of that equipment. Synergy has had very little presence here but for recently promoting their new gear.

I would recommend writing their support email from their website for answers

9985 said:
Anyone have thoughts on a good way to use SYN-1 stand alone (no head/power amp) to get headphone output for practice? I assume you'd need to connect the XLR or 1/4 Main out to a headphone amp input?

Yes, you'd need to connect it to your audio interface or device with a headphone output. There is no headphone output on the SYN-1 or 2.

withmittens said:
this was originally the Randall MTS and modders forum but Synergy sort of renamed it via donation to the owner of the board, or something like that. Modders and users have really been the life of this board for years, directly related to the Randall and Egnater lines and after market developments of that equipment. Synergy has had very little presence here but for recently promoting their new gear.

I would recommend writing their support email from their website for answers

You can also chat with Synergy on FaceBook.....I have had quick responses both ways, before and after purchase.

Oooh! look at all those new modules. What does the Adidas one sound like? **** Hop?