What should my first module be?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I just ordered my SYN-1, what should my first module be?

I was leaning towards a Friedman BE, but those SLO video's sound killer!

I don't need clean, and I generally play high gain. I'll be running it into my V35, so I have modern high gain sorted. I'm looking for something that will contrast well with the Mesa to broaden my tonal palette.

Soldano has a very unique and instantly recognizable sound, at least to me. The SLO module sounds very much like the Soldano amps I used to own. Friedman stuff sounds great too but there’s just something about the SLO; it’s hard to quantify it really. It was my first Synergy module and I have zero regrets.

tnjazz said:
Soldano has a very unique and instantly recognizable sound, at least to me. The SLO module sounds very much like the Soldano amps I used to own. Friedman stuff sounds great too but there’s just something about the SLO; it’s hard to quantify it really. It was my first Synergy module and I have zero regrets.

This x10.

I went with my original order of BE/HBE and one of the guys pointed out to me that they think I'd prefer the SLO..so I ordered that and the VH4 second.

I'm still learning to dial in the HBE..it likes maybe some pickups and not others maybe....or maybe I just prefer the BE boosted.

The SLO might be a one trick kinda tone..but it's so good, no regrets.

I don't need it to be crazy high gain, the HBE sounds like it has a lot less useable gain. The VH4 will be an option later, but my V35 has the "metal" tones sorted. It can also do the Marshall-esq sound on the Crunch setting, but I'm thinking a BE, SLO or 800 will give me something I don't already have.