Question about line output of my RM100..

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakeguitar

Reaction score
hi guys, been away from here for a while but not from my modules.

During some configurations with my workhorse rack which I'm using with my amp's send signals I've noticed some behavior I don't understand, or like.

Seems whenever I try to split a line out signal, or use both send at the same time (going to different gear) that once the second signal is connected the first signal sees a drop in dB (usually around 3db or so) and signal seems to somehow diminished in others ways. Maybe more saggy? Something doesn't seem right.

I haven't been able to understand this as I typically don't understand electrical systems that well.

I even picked up a dedicated 0splitter with transformers (Radial LX-2) and that didn't make a difference.

However, I did find one way I can add a second signal without the degradation and that is by running unbalanced from effects to my Radial EXTC return. That seemed to be properly isolated somehow?

Example routing:

RM100 send 1 to a pad then to interface
Rm100 send to 500 module then to interface

Any thoughts or explanation?
Any splitter you have used to overcome this if you've had similar issues?

thanks

I haven't tried to split a line level signal in awhile but what you're describing makes sense, that a line level signal is weak and making a second connection drops it too much. I think you need some sort of line level booster/amplifier to extend it properly. There may be cheaper options, but something like this may be what you're looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/TC-780LC-Stereo-Booster-BLACK-VERSION/dp/B000RZXAHI

i think this may be more appropriate. http://www.guitarcenter.com/MOTU/Zbox-Guitar-Impedence-Adapter-1274034484347.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgPq98Nmp2gIV0bfACh3VzQMWEAQYAiABEgLdXfD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^57619015002-device^c-plaid^140858360901-sku^1274034484347@ADL4GC-adType^PLA#productDetail

Apologies, I may not have explained the first question that well.
The problem isn't to do with impedance as outputs on the RM100 FX sends are capable of Balanced/Unbalanced (not Hi-z).
I'm gonna ask around some other forums and try and find out, but I think it's probably got to do with grounding (best case theory)...
It could be similar to asking why two different cables sound different, but that doesn't really explain the signal drop when I split the sound, even from the hard wire outputs.
All the gear I'm using is already very high quality, but it could be I require transformer on every output??

Hmm.. I don't think most average guitar players would notice, or care..