Which tube is V-1 on the Lynch Box?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For update purposes, V-1 (right off the guitar input) is the 1st pre amp tube on the far right when looking at the back of the amp, next to the left is V-2 (tone controls), and V-3 or the (Phase inverter) is next to the power tubes. Based on this info, I took the stock JJ 12ax7's out and put in the following:

V-1: Tung Sol Silver Pin
V-2: Electro Harmonix Gold Pin
V-3: Tung Sol Silver Pin

I know there have been several posts at times in the best "pre amp tubes" for different modules etc... So I'll throw my 2 cents in as well. The change in the size of sound, clarity and harmonic response after the tubes were changed was very noticeable, and to my ears anyway much richer, with better sustain and a more round, less brittle/bright note value. It also took out the extra hiss on the distortion that I'm not a fan of at all.

I changed power amps tubes as well after the pre amp tubes, running 2 JJ E34L's (Inside Pair) and 2 Svetlana 6L6GC's (Outside Pair) Which yielded more clarity and nice low end response especially in the higher gain modules. I loved this amp before the changes, now I wonder how I lived without it.

I realize tone is extremely "subjective" but if you in the mood to try a change, check it out and decide for yourself.