What are the Egnater Dual modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I’ve never owned any of the Egnater modules, basically have no knowledge of them, and there is little to no info available online.

What models are there, and what are they based on?

Here's a start:

Egnater T/T - Fender Twin Circuit
Egnater T/D - Fender Twin/Deluxe
Egnater Vx - take on the Vox AC30, though I have to say is not very chimey and was gainer than I expected
Egnater SL - Marshall Plexi or JCM800 (never quite sure...)
Egnater SL2 - Gained out Marshall (2203/2204 ?)
Egnater EG3/4 - Based on teh Egnater IE3/4, which is kinda brown sound
Egnater COD - kinda like a Dumble meets a Mesa, very unique
Egnater EG5 - gained up and tightened EG3/4 (think SLO'ish)
Egnater Erect - take on the Recto
Egnater MHG - beefy gain, always reminded me of a souped up cross of Marshall/Vox

Egnater SL2x - special mod of the SL2, also known as the GnR mod

All are good tones in their own way, I think.

I would agree with JKD about the VX. It’s not particularly chimey and it’s got a surprising amount of gain on tap. It’s good for certain things for sure. I rarely use mine these days. It’s destined to become a donor I think.

I do like the SL. I think it’s got a Plexi kind of vibe to it.

buriedorburned said:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind trying the SL2 or SL2x.

The SL2 sounds a lot like the Mr Scary, there are only a 2-3 component changes from memory.

The SL2x has more high end/high mids than the SL2....the actual mod to do it is here on the forum somewhere I think.

JKD said:
buriedorburned said:

The SL2 sounds a lot like the Mr Scary, there are only a 2-3 component changes from memory.

The SL2x has more high end/high mids than the SL2....the actual mod to do it is here on the forum somewhere I think.

Yes, it's very strong in the high end and upper mids. I didn't care for it at all. Traded mine for a dual 3/4 that Friedman modded into an HBE which I liked even less, lol

The module game can be a fickle mistress at times.

tnjazz said:
JKD said:
buriedorburned said:

Yes, it's very strong in the high end and upper mids. I didn't care for it at all. Traded mine for a dual 3/4 that Friedman modded into an HBE which I liked even less, lol

The module game can be a fickle mistress at times.

The EG3/4 has a wonderful dark/smoky tone to it....the HBE, heh...an acquired taste for sure.