SYN-2 Volume Setting

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rising Farce

Reaction score
Where are you running yours compared with the volumes on the modules and power amp? I have mine at noon currently (roughly the same as the modules), and am manipulating overall sound level with the SYN-5050 volume knob(s).

I have mine set to 3:00 and the sag at 9:00, or sometimes less. My module volumes tend to be around noon, depending on the gain I'm using (for clean mods it's dimed with the gain low).

tnjazz said:
I have mine set to 3:00 and the sag at 9:00, or sometimes less. My module volumes tend to be around noon, depending on the gain I'm using (for clean mods it's dimed with the gain low).

I'll try that. Though I never owned an RM4, I seem to recall that the advice on those was to crank up the volume knob as much as possible to "open up" the tone. It could be that the same applies to the SYN units.

Rising Farce said:
tnjazz said:

I'll try that. Though I never owned an RM4, I seem to recall that the advice on those was to crank up the volume knob as much as possible to "open up" the tone. It could be that the same applies to the SYN units.

I have an M4 patched into the amp loop of my Syn-2 and I have that one maxed out on the front panel.

I too use the volume controls on the Syn-5050 for overall volume. For me, gig volume is generally around 11:00. At home I rarely get it past 8:00

tnjazz said:
Rising Farce said:
tnjazz said:

I have an M4 patched into the amp loop of my Syn-2 and I have that one maxed out on the front panel.

I too use the volume controls on the Syn-5050 for overall volume. For me, gig volume is generally around 11:00. At home I rarely get it past 8:00

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.