NAD: Synergy SYN-1

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I was overjoyed to find that my Synergy Syn-1 arrived today!

It’s light and portable. Hooking it up was simple, and the manual was clear and easy to follow.
I only have a Randall MTS Plexi module to try it out with, and it worked perfectly.

I ran it in the 4CM with my Fender HRD III combo and it was really cool turning it into a Plexi!

I bought the Syn-1 to add some extra flexibility to my rig. My V35 has a Marshall-ish ‘Crunch’ setting, but it’s waaay more JCM voices than Plexi.
Playing a cool Plexi tone again is a really sweet feeling!

I have a JF dual Ultra Lead (Fryette Pittbull) module on the way and the MTS Plexi has me gas’ing for an actual Synergy mod, so I might order the BE on Wednesday.

As a previous MTS user, this unit is exactly what I always wanted. I can’t wait to try out the direct out for recording!

I plugged the SYN-1 + MTS Plexi module with my Fender Strat, and it was so nice. The balance between Fender clean, and Plexi tones was very refreshing!
Honestly with the stock MTS Plexi, the only good tone out of that mod is all the knobs at 10. But with that setting, I do like the tone a lot, especially with a strat.

The only thing I'm having a little problem with is the volume between the HRD and the SYN-1. I have the HRD volume at 1, because it's a super loud amp, but it's effects loop has no level control, so when I engage the SYN-1, the Plexi module is VERY loud. I can barely get it to 1 on the module level control, it's THAT loud.

I'm going back to the manual tonight to see if I can figure it all out.

buriedorburned said:
I plugged the SYN-1 + MTS Plexi module with my Fender Strat, and it was so nice. The balance between Fender clean, and Plexi tones was very refreshing!
Honestly with the stock MTS Plexi, the only good tone out of that mod is all the knobs at 10. But with that setting, I do like the tone a lot, especially with a strat.

The only thing I'm having a little problem with is the volume between the HRD and the SYN-1. I have the HRD volume at 1, because it's a super loud amp, but it's effects loop has no level control, so when I engage the SYN-1, the Plexi module is VERY loud. I can barely get it to 1 on the module level control, it's THAT loud.

I'm going back to the manual tonight to see if I can figure it all out.

Have you tweaked the push button level control on the back of the SYN-1? I find in high it produces a lot of output, you might try the low setting to make it more manageable.

Ah, that's what I was going to look at tonight with the manual. But having just read it online now, the level on the rear of the unit is set to high. I thought that high was pushed in, and low was out. It appears to be the reverse of that. Thanks!