MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvation AntiSaint vs MarkUS

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JKD
Donating Member


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 4852
Location: NorCal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Salvation AntiSaint vs MarkUS Reply with quote

Question:

If you had both of these, which would you sell...and why?
_________________
Synergy - BE,HBE,DS,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Metro
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual MachX+Voxless+ERect+MarkX
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mattfig
Donating Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 5616
Location: Hurtling through space on a wet rock.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MarkUS was the first to add the Recto voicing instead of the flat EQ option....I believe that is what the AntiSaint has on it....If so, I much prefer the MarkUS with Recto voicing (Though it is special request)....

The reason people like to have the flat voicing is mainly for cleans (which I don't use MarkUS for) so I like the toggle having V-Scooped and Recto voicing as Antisaint....
_________________
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JKD
Donating Member


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 4852
Location: NorCal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:
My MarkUS was the first to add the Recto voicing instead of the flat EQ option....I believe that is what the AntiSaint has on it....If so, I much prefer the MarkUS with Recto voicing (Though it is special request)....

The reason people like to have the flat voicing is mainly for cleans (which I don't use MarkUS for) so I like the toggle having V-Scooped and Recto voicing as Antisaint....


What does the regular EQ toggle do on the MarkUS?

I honestly don't remember if my ASVNT has an EQ toggle...,,

Actually both have a Shape and Shift switch...plus ASVNT has DEEP.
_________________
Synergy - BE,HBE,DS,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Metro
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual MachX+Voxless+ERect+MarkX
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shortlife
RM20


Joined: 27 Sep 2016
Posts: 31
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both in my Rm4 right now.
I am using the MarkUs for Hi gain and the Antisaint for the clean.

I find that the deep switch on the Antisaint gives it a better clean,
and I use the V eq on both and don't plan to sell either of them. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JKD
Donating Member


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 4852
Location: NorCal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortlife wrote:
They both in my Rm4 right now.
I am using the MarkUs for Hi gain and the Antisaint for the clean.

I find that the deep switch on the Antisaint gives it a better clean,
and I use the V eq on both and don't plan to sell either of them. Very Happy


hahhah! Not helping, lol! \m/
_________________
Synergy - BE,HBE,DS,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Metro
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual MachX+Voxless+ERect+MarkX
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aside
RM20


Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Location: Sydney, AU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MarkUs seems to get good reviews - can it do that tight, dry Hetfield thang?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shortlife
RM20


Joined: 27 Sep 2016
Posts: 31
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aside wrote:
The MarkUs seems to get good reviews - can it do that tight, dry Hetfield thang?


It can do Master Of Puppets for sure, I use it with a Tube screamer in front and it nails that tone. It is very tight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aside
RM20


Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Location: Sydney, AU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortlife wrote:

It can do Master Of Puppets for sure, I use it with a Tube screamer in front and it nails that tone. It is very tight.


How are you using the TS - with the gain right down?
_________________
Speak up, I like Marshalls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shortlife
RM20


Joined: 27 Sep 2016
Posts: 31
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aside wrote:
shortlife wrote:

It can do Master Of Puppets for sure, I use it with a Tube screamer in front and it nails that tone. It is very tight.


How are you using the TS - with the gain right down?


Yes, Gain all the way down and volume normally three quarters of the way up.
You can get a lot of gain and compression sculpting going using Gain and Lead Drive along with the volume control on a Drive pedal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buriedorburned
Lynch Box


Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 866
Location: Calgary, AB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím playing a Mesa Mark V35, and the tone on Mk IIC+ and IV modes unboosted are hands down some of the best heavy tones Iíve ever played.

The IIC+ is Metallica Master / AJFA all day long and the Mk IV IS Lamb of God - New American Gospel. Iím blown away.

I think Iím going for a MarkUs next to see how it stacks up in my Syn-1 against the V35.


Last edited by buriedorburned on Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aside
RM20


Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Location: Sydney, AU

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got a MarkUs and I'm not really digging it. Not sure if it's a taste thing or the unit actually has a fault (it's well used).

How do you guys set yours up? I played with it for quite a while but it doesn't sound tight and heavy, more fizzy and loose.

I replaced the valves, and tried with two different amps.
_________________
Speak up, I like Marshalls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JKD
Donating Member


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 4852
Location: NorCal

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aside wrote:
So I got a MarkUs and I'm not really digging it. Not sure if it's a taste thing or the unit actually has a fault (it's well used).

How do you guys set yours up? I played with it for quite a while but it doesn't sound tight and heavy, more fizzy and loose.

I replaced the valves, and tried with two different amps.


I assume this is how I generally play mine.....though has been out of my amp a while so maybe the pots moved....I think it's easy to over dial the gain and fizz may be a variant of the speaker/power amp tubes too...but to me it sounds like it gets that that classic MESA metal sound....a la Petrucci or Metallica

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv279/jkdsteve2/IMG_0967_zpst7rzhdig.jpg
_________________
Synergy - BE,HBE,DS,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Metro
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual MachX+Voxless+ERect+MarkX
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aside
RM20


Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Location: Sydney, AU

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks mate. Pretty sure there's something not right with this thing. Really lack in lows and low mids, weird attack and fizz.

Does yours offer any clean sound at all? I can't get anything close to a decent clean from this thing.
_________________
Speak up, I like Marshalls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JKD
Donating Member


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 4852
Location: NorCal

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aside wrote:
Ok thanks mate. Pretty sure there's something not right with this thing. Really lack in lows and low mids, weird attack and fizz.

Does yours offer any clean sound at all? I can't get anything close to a decent clean from this thing.


Never tried...lol. I'll have a go later.

It's sounding like you maybe have a poor solder joint or perhaps a bad pot.
_________________
Synergy - BE,HBE,DS,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Metro
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual MachX+Voxless+ERect+MarkX
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aside
RM20


Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Location: Sydney, AU

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed - a cap had been knocked and a leg broke off, easy fix in the end.

All the values on the caps have been blacked out which makes repairs that little bit harder - better than goop all over it I guess Shocked
_________________
Speak up, I like Marshalls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group