NMD: JF dual Ultra Lead

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
New module day!

So 3 years ago I picked up a JF Ultra Lead and at the time I’d never actually played a Pittbull, my only experience had been Deliverance / Sig X amps.
Safe to say when the UL arrived, it was so dry that I just couldn’t get along with it. This was compounded by the fact that my main module back then was the Salvation Pit Viper and that was tonally the polar opposite. Insanely saturated, razor sharp heavy high gain. Suffice to say I sold the UL without ever giving it a good chance and I’ve always regretted it.

Fast forward to today, this one is dual, so one channel is Normal and the other Boosted. The Normal channel can go from clean to high gain pretty well on its own, but I know I’ll be spending about 10% of my time on it.
The Boosted channel is unflinchingly brutal. It’s still as dry I remember, but this time round I’m much better prepared for it, in fact I bought it specifically for my 7 string.
The tone shaping switches Edge / Deep offer plentiful tonal shaping options to get a wide variety of tones.

My 7 string has never sounded better! Incredibly heavy, yet clear tone. I couldn’t ask for a better tonal addition to my rig!