RM 100 No Output Can't Seem to Diagnose

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinozoku

Reaction score
I have a Randall RM100 and a week or so ago, my output just cut out completely. The only sound I can get out of the amp is similar to feedback. I have tried using the effects loop and slave out to test preamp vs power amp, but I can not get the Randall to produce any sound. I've tested all fuses, as well as visual inspection of the boards, but I am at a loss as to what the issue could possibly be. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!!!

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm planning to look into a problem that appears similar this weekend.

Yes and no. I blew R3 on the power board. It is a 5w resistor. I replaced it and tried again, but it blew almost instantly. Same resistor. It seems to tell me there's a dead short to Ground somewhere downstream. I've checked the circuits around both places it goes to the tube board (preamp side) with no issues found. The schematics I was sent from Randall are not 100%, so I'm getting ready to trace down the last bit of circuitry past that resistor, though I'm not sure yet where it goes (only have tube board, power board, and schematics in front of me at the moment) I am almost certain it is not ether of those boards. That 5w resistor blows too quick for it to be anything but a short to Ground I think. I feel like I'm I'm getting close to figuring out this $@$_#@#$#@$# been very frustrating!

I tested the pins with a multimeter, verifying that only the plate pins (2&7) had connectivity. I have given the tubes to someone with a proper tube tester, but there's no direct short in them (without power)

Bummer.. That would have been a rather easy fix. I had the same issue caused by a shorted power tube a couple of years ago. Hope it´s not the OT in your case..