Known issues with RM100?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rilke

Reaction score
I've just recently ventured into the MTS world through buying a relatively cheap RM100. Are there any generally known issues with these amps I should check for ?
Best regards
Christian

Rilke said:
I've just recently ventured into the MTS world through buying a relatively cheap RM100. Are there any generally known issues with these amps I should check for ?
Best regards
Christian

The early ones had a tendancy to board arc - if that has happened you will (probably) see burn marks on the PCB. They are pretty sturdy amps in the main - I've yet to have a RM100 fail thats not my fault :)

Hey Thanks for the answer! Happy to hear that. Is there a (relatively) easy way to see if mine is one of the older ? Besides the burnmarks on the PCB hehe :)

Rilke said:
Hey Thanks for the answer! Happy to hear that. Is there a (relatively) easy way to see if mine is one of the older ? Besides the burnmarks on the PCB hehe :)

I'm not sure - I'd email Rob at Jaded Faith mods he will be able to tell you!

The amps make it loud! High spl cause vibration and screws will back themselves out! When an internal ground is from a board to the chassis it can be a nightmare to detect! So baton down the hatches mate.... :lol: