Soldano Flavours?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
Has anyone played all three SLO modules? How do they all compare to each other? I remember liking the JF the most. How does the real Soldano compare to the JF and Salvation versions?

Thanx~

I just got mine, I only tried for about 15 minutes at low-moderate volumes but i can make the Salvado Deluxe and the SLO sound very much the same. So whatever Salvation did, it's pretty spot on. The salvation has more switches and such but the tone i invariably dial in sounds pretty much the same as the SLO at similar settings.

This is my first experience with dual modules, but i have to say for this type of module (SLO/shared EQ), it's really just having a another gain preset. I've heard that other modules sound quite different and the new Friedman looks like clean/distortion in one module with separate eq's which looks really useful.

Thanks the comparing them. Hope you will update us after you have more time with them.

So it sounds like on the synergy slo that the red and blue channels are practically the same voicing?

Do the gain knob give enough variation to where you could get the ‘crunch’ on one and the ‘overdrive’ on the other?

Will do. They are definitely very similar voicing, since the eq is shared it's just like rolling the gain back. I will play a little more tonight.

The other thing i was surprised about is how tiny the knobs are vs the single channel modules.

chrismilne said:
I just got mine, I only tried for about 15 minutes at low-moderate volumes but i can make the Salvado Deluxe and the SLO sound very much the same. So whatever Salvation did, it's pretty spot on. The salvation has more switches and such but the tone i invariably dial in sounds pretty much the same as the SLO at similar settings.

This is my first experience with dual modules, but i have to say for this type of module (SLO/shared EQ), it's really just having a another gain preset. I've heard that other modules sound quite different and the new Friedman looks like clean/distortion in one module with separate eq's which looks really useful.

My experience also - I honestly thought I'd posted this somewhere already but it may have been for those asking via PM.

I seem to remember there was a post with a YouTube video a/b'ing a synergy slo to a jf slo100od.

They seemed to sound different in the video and then jf got bashed a little bit in the post comments.

Perhaps I dreamt it :)

studio289 said:

Yeah that’s my video - it's worth noting that the SLO module is set to the factory default in that video for Catchode switch position 3 (1.8K/1uF) Vs. the stock selection of the JF module (1.5K/22uF) and that accounts for a lot of the extra brightness of the SLO.

I'll try and do one where they are set the same, which is probably a fairer comparison!

I cannot talk about module comparison as I only have the dual Salvado Deluxe ... but I had a Soldano SP77 for a while and been able to compare with the Salvation : the module really does a great job ! It lacks somehow some "definition" compared to the real preamp (2 tubes versus 4 ?) but frankly the difference is subtle (to my ears anyway)

Finally got my synergy slo, so now I have tried all three ( synergy, salvation, and jaded faith).

They are all good and the after market mods both do a really good job, well worth a try.

However, like all the synergy mods I am trying, the synergy slo just has something extra that I can hear but can’t put into concise words. It had more depth and dimension I guess.

I recommend them all as they sound similar, but if you have the means to try all three, not sure which one you will like, but I have to go with synergy.

Side by side it’s clear, but if I only had one at a time, I would be happy with whatever I had. The synergy was a clear choice for me.

I'll be able to chime in soon.....It's been a minute since I've had a JF SL-OD but I remember digging it...

I LOVE my Salvado and am anticipating the arrival of some Synergy gear including a SLO shortly...

Will possibly make a video....

Mattfig said:
Will possibly make a video....

That would be cool. I always enjoyed your videos and I think you will be able to explain things in a way pertinent to this forum (I.e. modules next to module)

I'm loving my Synergy SLO, but have not tried the others. Compared to a JJDIrt and Camerock it has more low mids and less upper mid cut. Big big sound but still tight, great mod.

aside said:
I'm loving my Synergy SLO, but have not tried the others. Compared to a JJDIrt and Camerock it has more low mids and less upper mid cut. Big big sound but still tight, great mod.

The Synergy SLO is awesome!