Who has that Randall Ultra Curve prototype?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned it for a while. I honestly don’t recall much about it, but I never cared for Ultra modules in any form.

I had it for awhile a few years ago. I flipped it when I realized I kept trying to dial it in like my Mamba, which it could get it the ballpark. Kind of cool, but definitely very touchy with tiny little controls.

I have to ask since I don’t know, was this the module with a 5 band graphic eq instead of three tone knobs?

Mattfig said:
drewiv said:

I knew it! Awesome!!!!

And my module OCD switches to obsessing over to Drew's missing thumbscrew....

I'm sick when it comes to MTS....

For the record, this wasn't my photo. I just happen to have this still from when I bought it.

drewiv said:
Mattfig said:
drewiv said:

I knew it! Awesome!!!!

For the record, this wasn't my photo. I just happen to have this still from when I bought it.

Well thanks all the same, it's awesome to see it again!

drewiv said:
Mattfig said:
drewiv said:

I knew it! Awesome!!!!

Well thanks all the same, it's awesome to see it again!

If I had to guess, I'd say the 6 band EQ on this mod is simply replacing the TREBLE-MID-BASS knobs on the average mod. There-fore it wouldn't act like having an addition EQ pedal or like the added EQ on a Mesa Mark.

I also think the Ultra Curve is just an Ultra mod with the different EQ layout. Tonally identical to an Ultra, of which I always highly preferred the Ultra XL anyways.