Question for Morgan owners

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warmachine67

Reaction score
I just go my Morgan module today and wanted to see if anyone else’s eq controls act in a similar way.

It sounds great, but the middle and treble knobs have much more of an effect on the sound than I would expect.

It’s almost like the eq is before the gain (like a Mesa mark mod’d module) as 12 o’clock is good, but past about 10 or 2 on the middle or treble completely changes the sound and gain response.

Hoping I don’t have a faulty unit, as again, it sounds good, it just doesn’t act like other synergy modules when it comes to eq. [/list]

Yea - mine is the same. It just takes some time to figure it out but it seems like they are interactive with each other. for example increasing the treble starts to cut the bass and stuff like that.

K, thanks for the reply.

It certainly acts different than any other synergy module I have tried.

I found the YouTube video of the bald headed guy with glasses (can’t remeber his name), and his acted in a similar way. I know synergy would make sure he had a proper Morgan :).

warmachine67 said:
K, thanks for the reply.

It certainly acts different than any other synergy module I have tried.

I found the YouTube video of the bald headed guy with glasses (can’t remeber his name), and his acted in a similar way. I know synergy would make sure he had a proper Morgan :).

Henning Pauly?

The Morgan module is essentially a Vox circuit, as is the Morgan amp it is modeled after. What you describe is the nature of Vox tone controls. They are quite different from many other amps and take some getting used to.