Which Synergy Marshall style mod?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I'm about to order my first Synergy mod, and I want it to be a Marshall-esq mod. This will be for 80's Hard Rock, Hair Metal, Thrash Metal....

1. BE
2. HBE
3. 800

I will be boosting with an MXR ZW-44, which is a mainstay on my board.

Regarding the 800, I thought the two channels would be low / high input. But from what I've read, they're Normal / Hot Rodded....

Can anyone confirm this?

I guess normal and hot rodded would be accurate.

There is some overlap between the two, but they are different in the extremes.

The Synergy site says the 800 can go from Zakk to Kerry at the flick of a switch. So the implies the 800 module has enough gain for later-Ozzy and Slayer then?

buriedorburned said:
The Synergy site says the 800 can go from Zakk to Kerry at the flick of a switch. So the implies the 800 module has enough gain for later-Ozzy and Slayer then?

That's the implication, but the official demo video does not seem to support it (specifically, the module doesn't sound all that gainy, even in "hot rodded" mode).

That would be my guess, but I'd check with the Synergy folks to be sure. I went straight for the HBE, which has enough gain (if not low end) for pretty much anything.

Mattfig said:
buriedorburned said:
I’m going to order this week and I’m stuck between the HBE and SLO....

There will soon be a replacement for Masholdano that would be ideal for you.....

I just noticed the Mash-oldano is missing from his site.
I take it the mod will just be a rename, like the ‘Banned’?

buriedorburned said:
Mattfig said:
buriedorburned said:
I’m going to order this week and I’m stuck between the HBE and SLO....

There will soon be a replacement for Masholdano that would be ideal for you.....

I just noticed the Mash-oldano is missing from his site.
I take it the mod will just be a rename, like the ‘Banned’?

Yessir