MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NMD: Jaded Faith custom Stein45

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: NMD: Jaded Faith custom Stein45 Reply with quote

I got this made as Iíve always been interested in trying a JF Stein, but I like the cosmetics of the JFM45. Sort of a wolf in sheeps clothing thing. It is missing the extra Sweep and Presence knobs from the stock Stein+. Iíve never been crazy about mods with tons of switches or extra knobs, I try to keep them as simple as possible.

I wanted a high gain metal module thatís to the point and also a little different. From what I understand, the amp this module is based on (the Krank Krankenstein) is not really like any other amp. Itís not really a Marshall or Mesa, so to speak.

The module itself is way less compressed than I though it would be, but in a VERY good way! I was worried before it arrived that it might end up being too modern and compressed, and in my mind ďthin soundingĒ. But this hasnít been the case at all. Itís very thick and bullish.

At first I thought it wasnít very high gain, but then I dialled the gain back and slowly increased it. I find this helps understand the gain, and in this case it really helped! By 1 oíclock the gain was good enough for any metal style. In fact the Gain and EQ all have great range. Iíll take that over 3/4 switches any day!

It REALLY came alive with my Fortin 33 boost! Like insane cutting high gain mayhem, but not overly compressed or sterile. I had a noise gate installed instead of the bright switch, it works nicely in taming a noise.

All in all, a very cool module that works well with my Explorer, Les Paul and 7 string. Itís just a little hard to place tonewise and that took some getting used to!

Last edited by buriedorburned on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
VitaminG
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that looks super cool. Is the "TS808" label on the gate switch from the original JFM45 faceplate?
Jaded Faith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are enjoying it and I too thought the simpler approach had great results. I greatly prefer less controls but more powerful ones these days.

The plate is the standard JFM45 plate. I am not currently keeping an artist on retainer for custom cosmetics because the demand is not high enough to justify the cost anymore.
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics
kylendm
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great man. Very chunky!
Fryette 2/50/2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Jaded Faith Mods All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: