NMD: Jaded Faith custom Stein45

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I got this made as I’ve always been interested in trying a JF Stein, but I like the cosmetics of the JFM45. Sort of a wolf in sheeps clothing thing. It is missing the extra Sweep and Presence knobs from the stock Stein+. I’ve never been crazy about mods with tons of switches or extra knobs, I try to keep them as simple as possible.

I wanted a high gain metal module that’s to the point and also a little different. From what I understand, the amp this module is based on (the Krank Krankenstein) is not really like any other amp. It’s not really a Marshall or Mesa, so to speak.

The module itself is way less compressed than I though it would be, but in a VERY good way! I was worried before it arrived that it might end up being too modern and compressed, and in my mind “thin sounding”. But this hasn’t been the case at all. It’s very thick and bullish.

At first I thought it wasn’t very high gain, but then I dialled the gain back and slowly increased it. I find this helps understand the gain, and in this case it really helped! By 1 o’clock the gain was good enough for any metal style. In fact the Gain and EQ all have great range. I’ll take that over 3/4 switches any day!

It REALLY came alive with my Fortin 33 boost! Like insane cutting high gain mayhem, but not overly compressed or sterile. I had a noise gate installed instead of the bright switch, it works nicely in taming a noise.

All in all, a very cool module that works well with my Explorer, Les Paul and 7 string. It’s just a little hard to place tonewise and that took some getting used to!

11c75fo.jpg

Glad you are enjoying it and I too thought the simpler approach had great results. I greatly prefer less controls but more powerful ones these days.

The plate is the standard JFM45 plate. I am not currently keeping an artist on retainer for custom cosmetics because the demand is not high enough to justify the cost anymore.