Pod HD500 fun

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I had one of these before I had any MTS. It was the idea that got me searching for more tone options in a rig. While digital has it's downfall, ie sometimes fizzy sounds and not so realistic breakup and poor dynamics, it does have a great fun factor. In fact, it was the Pod's Hiwatt, deluxe and AC30 models that got me looking for a way to have them all in one tube rig. Way better than any previous digital I had.

For a while I used the Pod with 4cm into my RM50. It was super fun to have all those options through a Tube amp. Of course MTS won out and I got tired of setting up all the nonsense.

This particular Pod unit has a ton of effects options and a vast library of user patches in the Line 6 library. I've been in a playing slump lately and I've always found that new gadgets have a way of inspiring new play. Plus they're pretty cheap nowadays

So I have this thing coming and I have to say I'm pretty excited.

Anyone play with these?

and just as I remembered the AC30 model through a clean Twinface is more AC30 like than anything else I've tried, other than an AC30. Clean and just edge of breakup tones are full and amp-like. Surprisingly better than I got with any MTS AC module.

The effects models are pretty good as well. It's a great grab and go solution

The Hiwatt model on the pod 500hd is brilliant! it sounds really full and organic.