Oddball Lynch Amp?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rising Farce

Reaction score
This isn't a modular-amp question (at least I don't think it is), but since there's minimal traffic on the other forums, I figured I'd ask it here. Specifically, does anyone know the story on the Lynch Box with the red faceplate that George is using--or at least displaying--at around 34:10 in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQ_0-dsDyE&t=1634s

Mattfig said:
Looks to me like a completely different amp mounted inside a Lynchbox enclosure.... :(

Yeah, some kinds Jose/Plexi clone?

If that's the amp on the video, it sounds pretty terrible....or just the usual Lynch not playing with enough gain these days.

I was hoping some of that terrible-ness was due to the camera mic distorting. If not, he apparently needs a Metz, several Plexi Marshalls, a couple of Friedman Phil Xs, and a JC-120 to generate a sufficiently crummy tone these days.

Rising Farce said:
I was hoping some of that terrible-ness was due to the camera mic distorting. If not, he apparently needs a Metz, several Plexi Marshalls, a couple of Friedman Phil Xs, and a JC-120 to generate a sufficiently crummy tone these days.

..plus a phaser pedal ;-)