MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RM 1250 + duals midi switching
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdInfinitum
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warmachine67 wrote:
The 1250 can accept duals without any modification, somehow it came from the factory that way.

Max44, many thanks for that cc# info. Iíve been pondering what to do since I got the synergy duals running in mine. Sounds like I just need to get a behringer or Roland midi foot controller now.

Holy Guacamole! I have a 1250 and plenty of Dual modules. Never even thought to try them in the 1250. Thanks for that intel.
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to get MIDI switching working properly on this thing is giving me fits!

More likely I just don't understand how to configure it, being a MIDI novice and all that. PC messages were easy and flawless with my other amps. This CC thing has really got me puzzled though.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe my controller isn't capable of properly switching, even though it says it's capable of sending CC messages. It works, but it's erratic at best.

I'm curious how many people here have 1250's and what controller you're using for MIDI switching?
warmachine67
RM50

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím no help Dirk, but when and where did you find a 1250?

You are truly into the rabbit hole now Smile
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warmachine67 wrote:
Iím no help Dirk, but when and where did you find a 1250?

You are truly into the rabbit hole now Smile

Rob hooked me up last week. Not entirely sure this monstrosity is for me though. I'm still exploring whether or not it will do what I need. If I can get the switching figured out I think it will make a great studio amp. Otherwise maybe I'll just stick with the other MTS stuff I have and let someone else have a go...

I could get by with the manual cycling through for what my intended use is, but I'd much rather have it foot switchable. My Fractal doesn't seem to want to operate it correctly though so I'm wondering if it's a problem with the way it's sending CCs. Might pick up another controller and see if that fixes my issues.

When I go, I go all out LOL
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here besides Max gotten MIDI switching working properly on the RM1250?

I'm about ready to pay someone to help me get this thing working...so far the Fractal forum has not been very helpful.
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now Iím even more confused by what Iíve done. I actually have it working and switching properly with my FX8 but Iím forced to use the two MIDI blocks and itís responding to program changes (0-23) rather than control change messages?

Can anyone here help and provide some words of MIDI wisdom? If nothing else Iíd love to know why it works this way because itís baffling me. Iíve read both sets of manuals repeatedly and googled for the last week and Iím still in the dark. Only blind luck has gotten me this far...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: