RM 1250 + duals midi switching

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, now I’m even more confused by what I’ve done. I actually have it working and switching properly with my FX8 but I’m forced to use the two MIDI blocks and it’s responding to program changes (0-23) rather than control change messages?

Can anyone here help and provide some words of MIDI wisdom? If nothing else I’d love to know why it works this way because it’s baffling me. I’ve read both sets of manuals repeatedly and googled for the last week and I’m still in the dark. Only blind luck has gotten me this far...

Necro bump.

Finally got me a decent midi controller and am trying to get my 1250 talking to it. No luck, but I do have some specific Randall midi questions that I don’t know the answer too. I imagine if anybody has their rm4 or rm100 working with a midi controller might be able to help me with.

Any forum members still checking in that might could help. I am hesitant to dive into it on the Facebook page as things get off track pretty quickly there.

Many thanks.

I’ll answer my own question in case anyone ever looks at this forum for info.

Morningstar MC8. Seems the 1250 only talks in midi channel one although there is a red dip switch like an Egnater M4 behind the left middle slots (behind the modules). Mine didn’t change anything.

Randall’s documentation speaks of cc numbers, mine only recognizes program changes. Also, the program numbers vary depending the mix of single and duals within a 2x2 matrix of modules. Or to say, it is set in in three blocks of four slots. So if I decide to switch out one of my dual modules with a single or vice verse, all of the Program numbers change for that block.

Anyways, I can randomly access all dual channels of my 12 modules now.

Last word of warning, something like an MC8 can use phantom power, but draws 200 mA. I don’t know what the internal midi fuses are sized, so I used a 5 pin cable and powered it from my pedal board power supply. Perhaps I am worrying too much, but I don’t think the 1250s are that easy to get apart.