Jaded Faith Mods Tone Comparison Chart

Discussion area for Jaded Faith custom modules

Moderator: Jaded Faith

Keithf
RM20
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Keithf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:23 pm

sounds great,is that feature footswitchable? is there any video's to see them in use?

nitrous12
RM100
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by nitrous12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Keithf wrote:sounds great,is that feature footswitchable? is there any video's to see them in use?
On the Egnater MOD50, MOD100 or M4 you can footswitch between the A and B side of the dual modules. Shared EQ with independent Gain and Volume for each side. The Randall RM100 only can be modified to use the dual modules, but you would need an aftermarket footswitch with at least 4 buttons to access every module and channel.

Here is a link to a dude demo'ing an Egnater EG3/4 module where he goes between both sides. Cut to about 1:25 to hear it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWFizNAvtU

What amp do you have?
Modules: JF SL-OD100, JF Super Clean, JF Voxless, JF PlexiTweed, JF VHT, JF Custom Erect, JF Silverado, Salvation Stonerverb DeLarge, SG XTC LE

Keithf
RM20
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Keithf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:48 pm

i'll be picking up my old rm100 on sunday which i sold back in 2005 .
is the mod something that can be done yourself?

L82theParty
Donating Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 pm
Location: Western Wisconsin
Contact:

Tone chart

Post by L82theParty » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Awesome. That confirms it next mod is a Snakebite. Come on gig money.......
Fog lifted RM100, Jaded Faith; 59RR Custom, Sl-OD100, KH-3, JF Superpro!!!!

The Rossness
Lynch Box
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:54 pm
Location: CT

Post by The Rossness » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:41 pm

Looks like there's room for a natural and saturated module, but what would that be?
Good Deals- Just ask around

2 RM100's with Salvo Stonerverb, Cammerock, and MarkUS, Ultra XL EVH 5153, TC Electronic BG250, Kemper

WTB: Salvation Terrier

nitrous12
RM100
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by nitrous12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Keithf wrote:i'll be picking up my old rm100 on sunday which i sold back in 2005 .
is the mod something that can be done yourself?
I don't think so. I know a few years ago Egnater was doing it for like $450, which included return shipping.

Shoot me a PM on this...may have a way to hook you up.
Modules: JF SL-OD100, JF Super Clean, JF Voxless, JF PlexiTweed, JF VHT, JF Custom Erect, JF Silverado, Salvation Stonerverb DeLarge, SG XTC LE

Jaded Faith
Moderator
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:25 pm
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Contact:

Post by Jaded Faith » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:42 am

No, the mod is proprietary and requires replacement boards and programmed MIDI boards. I get a lot of questions about MIDI, both regarding the RM100 and amps that don't have it at all like the RM50 and other brands. I don't think people realize MIDI is programmed IC's and it really needs to be incorporated into the design from the beginning if you want it as an internal/integrated solution.

Keep your eyes open for a very limited offer from Jaded Faith Mods coming very soon. :wink:
www.jadedfaithmods.com
https://www.facebook.com/JadedFaithMods
Email: info@jadedfaithmods.com
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics

Keithf
RM20
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Keithf » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 am

sounds intriguing,Could you poss pm me some details??

mfgobbi
RM100
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:49 am
Location: Brazil

Re: Jaded Faith Mods Tone Comparison Chart

Post by mfgobbi » Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Jaded Faith wrote:As per your requests, we are proud to bring you all the updates Jaded Faith Mods Module Tone Comparison Chart for 2014:

Image

It's an excellent tool for comparing various modules according to their gain and tonal color attributes. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

- Rob
Let me try to help myself given that those 6 qualities are somewhat subjective. Correct if I am wrong:

Compressed/Saturated = not very dynamic, not very sensitive to picking strength, more subtle pickup definition, sustain for days, more forgiving to sloppy playing and poor picking technique.

Organic/Open = more dynamic, responds well to picking strength, picking technique, guitar volume and tone controls, let pickup tone characteristics go through more clearly, more unforgiving to uneven playing/picking and sloppiness.

Natural = simpler circuit, flatter frequency response, not too much signal filtering or manipulation, clipping more natural and tone may present weirdness when signal is pushed too hard. Usually better sounding up to mid gain.

Extreme = Signal strongly manipulated (filtered) to be focused on particular frequencies (scooped tones come to mind), very high gain and well defined all the way.
RM4, RT2/50, RM100, and a mod or 2.

MarcoR
Donating Member
Posts: 897
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Frederick, MD

Re: Jaded Faith Mods Tone Comparison Chart

Post by MarcoR » Fri May 09, 2014 6:08 am

mfgobbi wrote: Let me try to help myself given that those 6 qualities are somewhat subjective. Correct if I am wrong:

Compressed/Saturated = not very dynamic, not very sensitive to picking strength, more subtle pickup definition, sustain for days, more forgiving to sloppy playing and poor picking technique.

Organic/Open = more dynamic, responds well to picking strength, picking technique, guitar volume and tone controls, let pickup tone characteristics go through more clearly, more unforgiving to uneven playing/picking and sloppiness.

Natural = simpler circuit, flatter frequency response, not too much signal filtering or manipulation, clipping more natural and tone may present weirdness when signal is pushed too hard. Usually better sounding up to mid gain.

Extreme = Signal strongly manipulated (filtered) to be focused on particular frequencies (scooped tones come to mind), very high gain and well defined all the way.
Very good descriptions!
Synergy: SYN2, Friedman DS, HBE
Self Modded: Egnater B'Man, SL2X
Amps: VHT 2/50/2, RM50, Landry LS100 G3, Splawn Quick Rod, Marshall 6100LM

buriedorburned
Lynch Box
Posts: 908
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Post by buriedorburned » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:54 am

Looking forward to an updated version of this chart with the new mods!

nickerz
RM20
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by nickerz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:28 am

That chart is genius.

withmittens
Lynch Box
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Beacon, NY
Contact:

Re: Jaded Faith Mods Tone Comparison Chart

Post by withmittens » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:21 pm

mfgobbi wrote:
Jaded Faith wrote:As per your requests, we are proud to bring you all the updates Jaded Faith Mods Module Tone Comparison Chart for 2014:

Image

It's an excellent tool for comparing various modules according to their gain and tonal color attributes. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

- Rob
Let me try to help myself given that those 6 qualities are somewhat subjective. Correct if I am wrong:

Compressed/Saturated = not very dynamic, not very sensitive to picking strength, more subtle pickup definition, sustain for days, more forgiving to sloppy playing and poor picking technique.

Organic/Open = more dynamic, responds well to picking strength, picking technique, guitar volume and tone controls, let pickup tone characteristics go through more clearly, more unforgiving to uneven playing/picking and sloppiness.

Natural = simpler circuit, flatter frequency response, not too much signal filtering or manipulation, clipping more natural and tone may present weirdness when signal is pushed too hard. Usually better sounding up to mid gain.

Extreme = Signal strongly manipulated (filtered) to be focused on particular frequencies (scooped tones come to mind), very high gain and well defined all the way.
I think that's absolutely right on
RM22, RM4
CrazyNuts' Dirty Sanchez, DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30, XTC
SG, LP Std., Strat

DoctorTim
RM20
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:24 am

Post by DoctorTim » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:21 pm

What a great resource.

cmsaub
RM20
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:15 am

Post by cmsaub » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Thank you for this graphic! Helpful. Where would you place your VX30? Thank you

Post Reply