SYN1 and Module Issues

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroJoe

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post here and I wish that it wasn't to post a help thread.

Anyhow, I just received my SYN1, SLO, Metroplex and TDLX. None of it seems to be working correctly. I am attempting to use it in my Friedman BE100's (2017) FX Loop.

So here's whats happening. With it connected to my amps fx loop(fx loop engaged) and no modules inserted, I am getting no sound at all. The bypass light is on so I assume that there should be signal passing through the SYN1 input and out to my amps input via "To Amp In" jack. When I insert the SLO module I am getting it's CH1 sound! It sounds great. When I choose Ch2 I am getting a very weak signal that sounds like it's on the verge of cutting out completely. Also worth nothing that with the SLO module, the bypass light is on and cannot be toggled on and off, but it is on so one would think it should be bypassing the SYN1 all together. But it's not because I am getting sound from SLO CH1.

With the Metroplex and TDLX modules, I am getting no sound, what so ever. Not even the SAG light comes on when I strike the guitar. I do get the SAG light with the SLO module. With these two I am getting the ability to turn the bypass on and off but again, there's no sound with it on or off.

To dumb the connections down even further, just to see if it was something that I was doing wrong, I connected my guitar to the SYN1 input and XLR out to my UA Apollo interface. I am getting no sound this way either.

Also worth mentioning that I have swapped out the 12AX7 in the SYN1 with a working one and it's the same deal. Even tried known working tubes in the modules and still no go.

Anyone have any suggestions??

This does sound like you have some kind of issue with the Syn-1.

Do you have both the send and return on the Friedman connected to the Synergy amp send/amp return jacks?

When you connect to the Apollo, you have the front master volume on the Syn-1 turned up? I usually set my volume at 3:00, just FYI.

Sound from the SLO module while the bypass light is on certainly would indicate a hardware issue with the Syn-1 though.

You might also try swapping the tubes in the modules themselves. I've had a tube go bad in a module before and it renders the module completely silent.

Maybe post a picture or a short video of your connections?

tnjazz said:
This does sound like you have some kind of issue with the Syn-1.

Do you have both the send and return on the Friedman connected to the Synergy amp send/amp return jacks?

When you connect to the Apollo, you have the front master volume on the Syn-1 turned up? I usually set my volume at 3:00, just FYI.

Sound from the SLO module while the bypass light is on certainly would indicate a hardware issue with the Syn-1 though.

You might also try swapping the tubes in the modules themselves. I've had a tube go bad in a module before and it renders the module completely silent.

Maybe post a picture or a short video of your connections?

Yes. All connections are as specified in the manual. I have triple checked

Volume in the front was all the way up when connected directly my interface.

I have swapped out the tubes on the modules as well as the SYN1

Before I package this up and send it back, I will try and get some pics and videos up to have one last crack at it.